- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Today, 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Today, 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Yesterday, 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Yesterday, 03:08 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Yesterday, 12:05 PM
- Peterson's Mea Culpa Tour Is Starting A Little Late
Yesterday, 11:31 AM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Yesterday, 07:00 AM
- What's the Vikings biggest position of need?
Nov 20 2014 09:18 PM
- Article: Green Bay's Recent Domination of Vikings Is Eye Opening
Nov 20 2014 08:52 PM
- Why Wouldn't Vikings Want AP Back Next Year?
Nov 20 2014 07:20 PM
On This Date: 1961
Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:17 PM
Maris was born in Bemidji, Minnesota, but as we all know, he grew up in Fargo, ND. If you've ever been to the West Acres Mall in Fargo, you've hopefully taken some time to explore the Roger Maris Hall of Fame.
I know some of our readers here at Twins Daily may remember the 1961 season, or years following it. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the topic.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:48 PM
In my old eyes his record is the real record!
May all our prospects be All Stars and the beer be free.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:37 PM
I started following baseball in 1961 as a first grader as it was the Twins first year! I grew up in Austin. Moose Skowron had played for the local amateur team so everybody followed the Yankees and Johnny Blanchard was from Minnesota.
Baseball cards on the back of cereal boxes spawned our interest. I liked the '62 Topps baseball cards better! Wood panel with the picture curled up in the corner. I wish I would have kept them-- but they made a great sound in the spokes of our Sting Rays!