Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: MIN 8, LAA 3: Bats Break Loose Late

marwin gonzalez jorge polanco luis arraez michael pineda
  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• 5,385 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

Forget about Adrianza, it's Gordon who has become expendable.

Gordon is still young with value to boot! Imagine if he can get his bat figured out in AAA. No such thing as too many short stops/middle infielders

Edited by Sconnie, 22 May 2019 - 04:53 PM.

#82 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

Arraez should not be in the trade discussion. This dude is a utility player that could be priceless for the Twins in the future years if he hits well and defends well. I'd say every prospect except Graterol (potential Ace), Kirilloff (potential future 1st baseman), and Arraez (potential future super utility) should be on the trade block.

The thing about “super” utility guys is that they need to be able to play short. I’m not sure Arraez can do that, as scouting reports are pretty iffy on the guy.

#83 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• 4,492 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

I think it is defense at shortstop that keeps Adrianza on the roster.

Correa was out twice last year. The second time they played Bregman at SS and a guy who could have played LF at 3B while Gonzalez played LF. They had games in the second half with both Altuve and Correa out an still played Marwin in LF. I wonder if Marwin had the defense to play regularly at SS he finds a contract in free agency sooner.

Arraez if sent down should be given considerable time at SS as well as some time at 3B and LF.

#84 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,538 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:05 PM

I think it is defense at shortstop that keeps Adrianza on the roster.

Correa was out twice last year. The second time they played Bregman at SS and a guy who could have played LF at 3B while Gonzalez played LF. They had games in the second half with both Altuve and Correa out an still played Marwin in LF. I wonder if Marwin had the defense to play regularly at SS he finds a contract in free agency sooner.

Arraez if sent down should be given considerable time at SS as well as some time at 3B and LF.

Time spent at SS by Arraez is time not spent there by Gordon. Decision time.
  • ashbury likes this

#85 Trov

Trov

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 194 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

Too early for magic number count down?Think it is 108 going into todays game.Correct me if I am wrong. 

• h2oface likes this

#86 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• 4,492 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

Time spent at SS by Arraez is time not spent there by Gordon. Decision time.

Neither needs everyday play at SS and both benefit the club with versatility. The decision should be to develop versatile players.

#87 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,538 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:26 PM

Neither needs everyday play at SS and both benefit the club with versatility. The decision should be to develop versatile players.

That is certainly a valid decision. However, the current regime has played Arraez at shortstop sparingly. Clearly, they don’t think he’s even a part time shortstop.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marwin gonzalez, jorge polanco, luis arraez, michael pineda