Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: MIN 7, SEA 1: Venezuelan Night in Seattle

martin perez ehire adrianza marwin gonzalez max kepler
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• Members
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:20 PM

If Sano wasn’t “up to speed”, he shouldn’t have bern activated.

Days of coddling need to come to an end. He (as well as everyone else) needs to contribute or risk being replaced.
  • Original Whizzinator and 3balls2strikes like this

#22 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

Whew, for a second I was worried there wouldn't be any knee jerk reactions about Sano in this thread. 

Comments on Ricky Nolasco, Phil Hughes, and Joe Mauer's contract set to begin soon...

• Bickle19, Don Walcott and railmarshalljon like this

#23 Bickle19

Bickle19

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

If Sano wasn’t “up to speed”, he shouldn’t have bern activated.

Days of coddling need to come to an end. He (as well as everyone else) needs to contribute or risk being replaced.

Who are they going to replace him with? He still has the most potential of any bat in our system at the major league level right now and he has shown it. Like bighat said earlier, we have the offense right now to be able to do this. Let him get comfortable and spend some time around Cruz and with the major league staff. 

• 70charger and Don Walcott like this

#24 Original Whizzinator

Original Whizzinator

Wahoo

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Not worried about Sano. It’s not unreasonable to expect some re-acclimation the major league pitching. He’ll be fine. He just had two XBHs 24 hours prior, as well.
If management can find a way to unlock him and bring back 2015-2017 Sano (if it’s still in there), we’re talking about a pretty incredible/historic lineup.

1.5 extra base hits but yeah

#25 3balls2strikes

3balls2strikes

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

Buxton seems to have finally turned the corner. No doubt the injuries delayed his emergence. You can see he has the enthusiasm, passion and mental capability. This may not be popular, but Sano just isn't what we hoped he would be. The potential is there, but he's lacking the fire, passion and mental focus to put it all together. This does not diminish him as a person in any way. I'm sure he's a wonderful human being. But for those hoping he will become a great or even good MLB baseball player, it just doesn't look very likely. Maybe one day I'll have to eat my words on Sano. I hope so. 

"Touch 'em all Kirby Puckett! Touch 'em all Kirby Puckett!" - John Gordon

#26 Don Walcott

Don Walcott

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, NM

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Nice to see Kepler hit a lefty. If he can get his bat going against lefties, his overall numbers will look really good. OBP .333 and OPS of .846 against righties right now. But .244 and .533 v. lefties -- generally from the #6 spot in the order.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: martin perez, ehire adrianza, marwin gonzalez, max kepler