Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/16): Diaz Powers Miracle Win

lewin diaz travis blankenhorn ryan jeffers blayne enlow drew maggi
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,765 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

Wow! That stinks! But a little surprised its Arraez coming up. Didnt see that one coming.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#22 Twinsoholic

Twinsoholic

• 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:55 AM

I like Lewis a lot, but if I were the Twins I would sit him for 3 straight games. His push ups stunt was pointless except to get himself on tv. He's talented enough to get on tv without doing knucklehead stunts like he did yesterday.

#23 Jaykay

Jaykay

Puerto Rico Joe

• 1,602 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

I like Lewis a lot, but if I were the Twins I would sit him for 3 straight games. His push ups stunt was pointless except to get himself on tv. He's talented enough to get on tv without doing knucklehead stunts like he did yesterday.

old.jpg

• Mike Sixel, h2oface, TheLeviathan and 2 others like this

#24 Trov

Trov

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 194 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

I am so sick of the unwritten rule crap.Lewis was just having some fun, that is what is is about.If you don't want him to do things like that as opposing team, just get him out.Best way to shut someone up is to beat them.Why do you think baseball is losing interest in the younger people, because when someone shows an ounce of excitement in the game, other than walk-off hits, the other teams throws at someone and the benches clear.Screw, act like you did it before, act like you may never do it again regardless you did it before.Toss those bats, do your dance, or whatever makes the game fun for you.  

• h2oface and TheLeviathan like this

#25 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 4,631 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

Minor league baseball is fun. It should be fun. Most of the players are getting paid less than minumum wage. Perhaps he was doing some pushups to show he needed a bit more strength to get it out of the park, instead of hitting the fence. I'm old, and old school bull**** have their back behavior is always, and has always been, foolish, childish, and cowardly. Let the boys have fun, in the minors, especially. To throw a ball at a batter is the most cowardly thing a player can do in baseball. Conform to the unwritten rule or be hazed by the other teammates and managers. That is what I consider knucklehead stunts. Pitchers show up batters all the time with celebrations after a strikeout, etc. The batter doesn't go hit the pitcher with the bat. 

Royce's pushups? That was funny. And original. It didn't harm anyone, and wasn't intended to. Throwing at a batter at 90+mph is motive to do harm. Pitcher celebrations, bat flipping, having fun running the bases, trash talk..... harmless.

Edited by h2oface, 17 May 2019 - 03:06 PM.

• TheLeviathan and Mr. Brooks like this

#26 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

I have doubted Diaz, but I continue to hope he proves me wrong

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lewin diaz, travis blankenhorn, ryan jeffers, blayne enlow, drew maggi