Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins @ Seattle 7:10 PM PST (9:10 PM CST) 5/16/2019

game thead twins mariners hawt taeks
  • Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#41 TFRazor

TFRazor

Who's on first?

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

I'm betting Seattle gets 4 runs tonight.

Question is, will the final score be 25- or 6-to-4?

For that joke I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Just kidding. That was pretty good.

• USAFChief and Don Walcott like this

#42 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• Twins Mods
  • 23,495 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

Anybody remember which US Cavalry general said the Lord gave the Devil a choice between living in Arizona or living in Hell and after checking out the real estate the Devil opted to rent out Arizona and moved to Hell?

More cracks about my age. Lovely.

• ashbury, glunn, Blake and 6 others like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#43 TFRazor

TFRazor

Who's on first?

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

Anybody remember which US Cavalry general said the Lord gave the Devil a choice between living in Arizona or living in Hell and after checking out the real estate the Devil opted to rent out Arizona and moved to Hell?

I believe it was Philip Sheridan. I seem to recall he was head of the Western Theater after the Civil War. Could've been Sherman though. He had a bunch of pithy one-liners

Edited by TFRazor, 16 May 2019 - 02:23 PM.

• ashbury likes this

#44 TFRazor

TFRazor

Who's on first?

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

More cracks about my age. Lovely.

At least they're just cracks...

You get much older, they'll be chasms

• ashbury, USAFChief, Blake and 2 others like this

#45 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,141 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

Sheridan said it of Texas. Probably every soldier who was stationed in or passed through Arizona has said it about that place, though.

/ ninja'd oh well

• wsnydes likes this

I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it, the better. -- George Carlin

#46 USAFChief

USAFChief

• Twins Mods
  • 23,495 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

I'm reminded of my sister...She always had it in for me. Thought I was "the slow one," "the one most likely to be homeless," blah blah blah. She thought of me as stupid. She was Always so superior.

Well, she got pregnant many years ago, and unfortunately, she fell ill, eventually lapsing into a coma. Her boyfriend had ran off as soon as he got a whiff of responsibility, so if fell to me to see after her while she slept away in a hospice.

Eventually, she came to, and we were all relieved. The first thing she asked about was her pregnancy...had she had a baby, and if so, was everything ok?

"Relax," I told her. "Everything is fine. You had twins! A boy and a girl. I named them for you."

I could see the terror in her eyes. OH NO, she was thinking. My idiot brother probably picked some awful names.

"Uh...what did you name them?"

"I named the girl Denise."

She relaxed a bit. Let out a breath of relief. Not so bad.

"And the boy?"

"Danephew." 

• ashbury, Blake, IndianaTwin and 5 others like this

#47 MMMordabito

MMMordabito

Formerly nasu1970

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

I'm saving up a good one for after the first 66 questions.

I have to save one for two more days.

• ashbury likes this

#48 cmoss84

cmoss84

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

Think we see Sano today?I'm hoping so. 

I think so. He said he's feelin stronger every day. 

(My jokes are corny, but it's hard to say I'm sorry)

• ashbury, USAFChief and Don Walcott like this

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#49 USAFChief

USAFChief

• Twins Mods
  • 23,495 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

Anybody know who's pitching the day after tomorrow, at newly named T-Mobile?

Y'know...Saturday, in the Park.

• Blake, Mike Sixel, Don Walcott and 3 others like this

#50 VATwinsFan

VATwinsFan

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

Including my Mom and Step-Dad, who are moving from Eden Prairie to Tucson at the end of the month. Something about the weather . . . .

Big brother and wife are leaving the lovely winters in Fargo, ND to live near Tucson during the winter.They are of course keeping the lake home in Minnesota so they can spend the summers there.

• Don Walcott likes this

#51 USAFChief

USAFChief

• Twins Mods
  • 23,495 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

Big brother and wife are leaving the lovely winters in Fargo, ND to live near Tucson during the winter.They are of course keeping the lake home in Minnesota so they can spend the summers there.

Now THAT's how you do it.

#52 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,141 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

I have to save one for two more days.

In the park, presumably.

Anybody know who's pitching the day after tomorrow, at newly named T-Mobile?

Y'know...Saturday, in the Park.

I believe you were ninja'd too. I have to resort to Barenaked Ladies rather than Chicago for a title:

• USAFChief and MMMordabito like this

I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it, the better. -- George Carlin

#53 LA VIkes Fan

LA VIkes Fan

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

I hope Sano plays. He's been working out a lt and I hear he's Feelin' Stronger Every Day. 

• ashbury, USAFChief, Original Whizzinator and 1 other like this

#54 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,141 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

If you've never seen this one before, check out a very loving tribute (almost note-for-note rendition). It has to be fake in some way or other, right?

• curt1965 and Original Whizzinator like this

#55 USAFChief

USAFChief

• Twins Mods
  • 23,495 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

If you've never seen this one before, check out a very loving tribute (almost note-for-note rendition). It has to be fake in some way or other, right?

Indeed.

That's not really a "police line" on the lead guitar player.

• ashbury likes this

#56 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• Twins Mods
  • 8,504 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

Moderator Note--For all interested game threaders, there is a new sheet for June signups to introduce the game threads. Most dates that the Twins play are available. We also have one date left in May for a game thread intro (May 31). Check the pinned thread entitled "Announcement: Game Thread Intro Signup". If you have any questions, post there or send me a message. Thanks!

• USAFChief, glunn and Mike Sixel like this

#57 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,141 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

Game thread game... let's try and add lines/titles from Chicago songs to fit in context with ongoing conversations.

315ou3.jpg

• USAFChief, Blake, Don Walcott and 1 other like this

#58 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• Twins Mods
  • 8,504 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:52 PM

Second Moderator note: Game threads continue to be a source of frustration at Twins Daily. We hope to have a vehicle for discussing the game as it happens where those participating can feel like they are sitting with friends at the game. With the Twins doing well so far many of the threads have been just that, but a couple losses and a couple poor performances have turned the threads unpleasant for some of us who just want to enjoy the game with friends. Here are some guidelines: If you have an opinion, that is fine, but don't beat it into the ground. The person who might disagree with you is probably just as smart and knows just as much about baseball. No personal attacks and no trolling. This is not the place to come and express every frustration with all things Minnesota Twins. If you don't like something Baldelli is doing, start a new thread. If you think the GM needs to be replaced or the junipers aren't the answer for a batter's eye, don't beat such issues into the ground. Let's try to keep game threads fun!

• ashbury, glunn, Blake and 7 others like this

#59 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

downloading...

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

Game thread game... let's try and add lines/titles from Chicago songs to fit in context with ongoing conversations.

315ou3.jpg

Is that we're saving for Saturday maybe?

How do spell Kirk Cobane?

I'm just waiting patiently for Sunday in the park with George.

Then i'll finally find out which George that is...
  • ashbury likes this

#60 USAFChief

USAFChief

• Twins Mods
  • 23,495 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Second Moderator note: Game threads continue to be a source of frustration at Twins Daily. We hope to have a vehicle for discussing the game as it happens where those participating can feel like they are sitting with friends at the game. With the Twins doing well so far many of the threads have been just that, but a couple losses and a couple poor performances have turned the threads unpleasant for some of us who just want to enjoy the game with friends. Here are some guidelines: If you have an opinion, that is fine, but don't beat it into the ground. The person who might disagree with you is probably just as smart and knows just as much about baseball. No personal attacks and no trolling. This is not the place to come and express every frustration with all things Minnesota Twins. If you don't like something Baldelli is doing, start a new thread. If you think the GM needs to be replaced or the junipers aren't the answer for a batter's eye, don't beat such issues into the ground. Let's try to keep game threads fun!

pfft.

• gil4, Don Walcott and Dave The Dastardly like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game thead, twins, mariners, hawt taeks