Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: MIN 4, LAA 3: Throw Down

byron buxton mitch garver blake parker kyle gibson
  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 wsnydes

wsnydes

Winter baseball enthusiast

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

The 60-day IL doesn't necessarily get used when an injury is serious. Only if the team needs the use of that 40-man roster spot. When the 60 days are up, they then could have a roster decision to make, as to whom to DFA or whatever, in order to re-activate Garver, so I don't know if they make the move lightly, right now. Only if they want someone on the 25-man roster who isn't currently on the 40-man; that could well be a pitcher, but they also may prefer to leave room for Telis or other AAA catcher in case of a 10-day injury to someone, but not commit to that as yet.

Right, I was trying to clarify (perhaps poorly) that officially he's on the 10 day. That doesn't preclude a move to the 60 day IL in the future or that he ends up on the IL for 60 days. 

I interpreted Brock's post to show disappointment that a 60 day IL stint was a possibility at this point, which would certainly be disappointing and a different scenario.

• ashbury likes this

"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains." 

#42 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 21,729 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:31 AM

I interpreted Brock's post to show disappointment that a 60 day IL stint was a possibility at this point, which would certainly be disappointing and a different scenario.

Agreed, and I guess I was trying to further spoil his mood by indicating that a trip to just the 10-day wasn't an indication of good news. :)

• wsnydes likes this

Nothing is impossible for the one who doesn't have to do the work.

#43 wsnydes

wsnydes

Winter baseball enthusiast

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:36 AM

Agreed, and I guess I was trying to further spoil his mood by indicating that a trip to just the 10-day wasn't an indication of good news. :)

Indeed. He was right to fret about the potential of an immediate 60 day IL stint. That would certainly be bad news.

"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains." 

#44 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

I don't know how the 60 day thing got brought up. The Twins don't even know the extent of the injury yet, so of course he's not on the 60-day IL.

If the Twins have to make a roster move in a month and a half and Garver is still injured, then you might see him moved to the 60-day. Not today.

Twins Manifesto: Build for .500, hope for more.

#45 ken

ken

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

60 day?

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Minnesota Twins: Can’t Have Nice Things Since 1961

'87 & '91 were pretty nice  

Injuries always happen, which is why teams need depth.According to reports, they have a loaded minor league system, so this is a test for the front office on how they handle this.

Edited by ken, 15 May 2019 - 10:58 AM.

#46 joefish

joefish

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

We have been fortunate avoiding injuries, compared to many other teams.
I hope this is a quick healer

#47 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:10 AM

"MRI was pretty positive No specifics still on timeline but could be shorter than longer" Baldelli

He also said Sano has landed and will be at the stadium by game time.Won't be in lineup.

https://twitter.com/...minnesota-twins

Edited by SomeGuy, 15 May 2019 - 11:10 AM.

• bluechipper likes this

#48 Don't Feed the Greed Guy

Don't Feed the Greed Guy

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

Yes, but.

I think Sano makes the 25 man roster stronger. He'll hit more bombs than Gonzalez. For now, I'd like to see Sano DH, until Cruz's wrist heals. That would keep Marwin at third for now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: byron buxton, mitch garver, blake parker, kyle gibson