Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/14): Lewis Double Doubles, Graterol Strong

royce lewis edwar colina brusdar graterol nick gordon drew maggi
  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,412 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

I think some of us, Seth, are way beyond patiently waiting!

I wouldn't say I'm waiting for Lewis to be promoted. I thought I might be, but I'm not. Instead, I'm waiting for Lewis to show some progression offensively. We're approaching the 200 PA he had last year at this level, and he's under-performing his (decent, not great) results from last year...including striking out more and massively struggling in the SLG area. It would be great to get a report on his defense, because that would have a material impact on how we view his overall progress. But, offensively, he does not appear to be anywhere near ready for a promotion.

#42 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

conical shame

• 8,415 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:35 AM

Your wont.

* I'm being that guy again - you're welcome.

Ah, but i will (um... my will?)

Er... i feel i should offer some baseball insight as well, seeing as this is not a game thread. I think i am patiently waiting, but my patience is inordinantly expanded by doing other things while i wait.

* Thanks! I needed that. Is it still wont if it is plural? Like satisfying all one's wonts, once and for all?
  • ashbury likes this

#43 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 7,727 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

I wouldn't say I'm waiting for Lewis to be promoted. I thought I might be, but I'm not. Instead, I'm waiting for Lewis to show some progression offensively. We're approaching the 200 PA he had last year at this level, and he's under-performing his (decent, not great) results from last year...including striking out more and massively struggling in the SLG area. It would be great to get a report on his defense, because that would have a material impact on how we view his overall progress. But, offensively, he does not appear to be anywhere near ready for a promotion.

I think that was regarding Javier.
  • jkcarew likes this

#44 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,412 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:51 AM

I think that was regarding Javier.

Ah....then, never mind :)Promoted from his 'rehab' in extended spring training, then? Yes, I concur...we're all waiting (and waiting) for that. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royce lewis, edwar colina, brusdar graterol, nick gordon, drew maggi