Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: How Will Sano’s Return Impact the Roster?

miguel sano marwin gonzalez jake cave ehire adrianza fernando romero
  • Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Channing1964

Channing1964

Ft Myers Miracle

• 397 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:51 PM

The whole fact that we are talking about our depth makes me smile. One point I would like to make about Adrianza is this. Some players would never be the same for any other team. Case in point Brian Dozier. On the other side of the spectrum, David Ortiz. Adrianza is who he is, a smart team player that is happy to do anything asked to help his team win. We could do worse. If he had any options he would prolly already be gone. But he doesnt. Until Gordon or anybody else can take Polanco or Schoop's job Ehire will be on our bench. Only Rocco and the FO knows why. but, #13 is okay with me

Edited by Channing1964, 13 May 2019 - 09:52 PM.

#122 Channing1964

Channing1964

Ft Myers Miracle

• 397 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:12 PM

I think Cave goes down and stays there until one of the starting three outfielders go down with an injury. I think Adrianza stays because of his glove as a late inning replacement for Sano at 3B and spot duty in the infield.

If the starting rotation continues on this pace - I think they can survive with 12 pitchers. I think adding quality arms to the bullpen and another starter will be the priority. I believe Keuchel and Kimbrel are both real possibilities if the team has a healthy lead when the compensation picks drop off of the two of them in June. Falvine would much rather add payroll than trade prospects.

wow! Both of them would put us over the top! Just remember, neither if them will be super valuable until maybe after the All Star break.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miguel sano, marwin gonzalez, jake cave, ehire adrianza, fernando romero