Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Minor League Ball's First Mock Draft

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Who do they see the Twins taking? I'm a little surprised where Matt and John see Appel and Marrero going.

http://www.minorleag...ball-mock-draft

#2 jlovren

jlovren

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

I like the thought process behind taking Lucas Giolito and his 100mph fastball. It is exactly what the Twins need. If they choose for whatever reason not to go pitching than I hope they go with Correa. Shortstops do not come along so often and we have had a huge hole in that area for a long, long time.

#3 twinkiesfan11

twinkiesfan11

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Giolito, Buxton, Zimmer, Fried or Zunino for me in that order. Giolito isn't quite at the level of Bundy last year but it sounds like his profile is easily as high as Taillon which means the Twins would instantly add a top 50 or better prospect and BADLY needed potential front line starter.

#4 jlovren

jlovren

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Here's Baseball America's top 100

http://www.baseballa...12/2612884.html

#5 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Fun article. I'm not really concerned with the #2 pick. I figure the guy we end up taking (Appel, Merrero, Giolito, Zunio, etc) will be a very good prospect. I'm more interested in who slips to us in the supp and early 2nd round. I think those four picks could really inject some talent into the system. But the new slotting system might make high school players (that we usually target) more likely to go to college instead of signing. Both Boyd and Harrison signed for over slot last year. Not sure if either would have signed under the new plan. On the other hand, college pitchers we usually target shouldn't be any different.

#6 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Keith Law once said that the best player in this draft wouldnt have been touched till 15 last year. Gausman is a stud, and he is very nice.
Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#7 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Trying to guess who the Twins will take in the 2012 draft, right now, is akin to trying to guess who the Vikings will take in the 2013 draft, right now. There is a full season of ball to be played between now and the draft (both of those drafts btw) and a lot of things may and will change for sure. I will probably wait until at least late May to even think about predicting the draft.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Completely agree... and I certainly don't know the answers. That's why I posted this so that all those that keep asking at least have something.

#9 danoo

danoo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I would like the Twins to draft Mark Appel, or Lucas Giolito Twins need to draft a pitcher who can be a to true ace pitcher[TABLE="class: width"] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

#10 daan4786

daan4786

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I hope the twins get gausman- we went to high school together, and I had got to catch him one time, and he's got some stuff. Throws upper 90's, but what I like about him is how he throws. He uses his legs a lot and has a rubber arm- I don't see him having arm problems ever.