Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/5): Balazovic Dazzles in Miracle Debut

jordan balazovic griffin jax cole sands ryan jeffers david banuelos
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• 2,273 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

I don't think any minor league catcher is going to catch more than 55% of the time. I just don't. That said, sure, one of them could be promoted.

Navaretto has twice caught 80 or more games in a season, so while it is rare, it happens.That being said, with two potential major leaguers, I'd prefer to see them both get more time to aid in their development.

• Mike Sixel and caninatl04 like this

#22 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 7,738 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

I don't think any minor league catcher is going to catch more than 55% of the time. I just don't. That said, sure, one of them could be promoted.

Joe Mauer, Buster Posey, Sal Perez all had milb seasons over 60%.
Yadier Molina caught 77% of games over his milb career.

I think most milb catchers don't catch 60%+ because there aren't very many legit catching prospects.

The few legit ones I looked up were all over 60%, with Posey and Molina being well over 70%.
  • jrod23 and caninatl04 like this

#23 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,948 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

I don't think any minor league catcher is going to catch more than 55% of the time. I just don't. That said, sure, one of them SHOULD be promoted.

fify

I wish Garver had had a higher playing rate in the minors. Drafted as a senior and "wasted" too many years in the minors learning his craft, when he could have come up sooner during the Twins' non-competitive years.

Actually, I'm heading to the redneck Riviera in June, I (selfishly) hope that they're both still there, along with at least a couple of the lights-out starters.

Edited by jokin, 06 May 2019 - 12:14 PM.

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#24 ericchri

ericchri

Generally Clueless

• 440 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

7 perfect innings, so 97 pitches by 21 batters is ~4.6 pitches per batter.That's amazing to me to average that many pitches and still be perfect.Were they fouling off pitches like mad in the game?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jordan balazovic, griffin jax, cole sands, ryan jeffers, david banuelos