Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: More Boom Coming for Bombing Twins

minnesota twins miguel sano nelson cruz c.j. cron
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 cmoss84

cmoss84

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

A couple things came to mind when reading that article:

1) It seemed when things were going best for Sano, he was hitting hard hit balls to the opposite field on a regular basis. Will he try to find this approach again, or will the emphasis on the HR ball leave him as a dead-pull hitter? 

2) Where does he hit in this lineup? Does he stay in Marwin's spot...6th-8th? 

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#22 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• Members
  • 8,654 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

“Miguel Sano goes 4-for-4 with a home run for Class A Fort Myers, then packs his bags for Class AA Pensacola. Sano expected to be promoted for the weekend, sources say, and Twins now target a May 12 return to the majors.” - Phil Miller

http://www.startribu...ment/509405481/

Edited by Craig Arko, 02 May 2019 - 05:25 PM.

• glunn and Sconnie like this
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." - Old Serbian proverb

#23 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 21,789 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

It’s up to Sano. The organization shouldn’t cut him... shouldn’t trade. He develops for us or he signs a minor league contract for someone else when he hits free agency.

If he doesn’t produce during the time between now and free agency. The last option is used and he gets little playing time.

A lot of the money is on the line for him. It’s up to him to get that big contract for himself.

This isn’t on the Twins. It’s on him. It has nothing to do with playing RF ruining him. He’s been given more opportunity that most others get. It’s about hitting his pitch and playing baseball as a professional.

It’s all up to Sano. I wish him the best because we could use what he was promised to be.

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

President of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club 

Founded 4-23-16 

Strike Zone Automation Advocate

I'm not a starting 9 guy!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minnesota twins, miguel sano, nelson cruz, c.j. cron