Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: MIN 4, BAL 3: Gibby Good, Hildy Holds, Rogers Saves the Sweep

kyle gibson trevor hildenberger taylor rogers byron buxton eddie rosario
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• Twins Mods
  • 8,851 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

Media attention doesn't matter much to me. The thought that it matters to prospective Free Agents is also a bit far-fetched as far as I'm concerned. I think it matters what club houses and agents think and are talking about a lot more than what leads ESPN or mlb.com. 

As far as this year's additions, I think they are doing well as a group. Schoop hasn't been consequential and Gonzalez hasn't hit much, but I expect all will be OK offensively. This season will hinge on run prevention IMHO. Berrios looks ready to take a step forward, but no one else in the rotation has really stepped up. I'm disappointed with May and Meija in the bullpen, perhaps I was expecting too much.

#42 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:35 PM

Says the person who runs the threads on national media attention to the Twins :)

I guess you can care what the national media says when they say it while also not caring if they say anything at all but on the face of it Mike, you gotta admit, that was a pretty good burn.

• ashbury and Mike Sixel like this

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#43 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 30,005 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

I guess you can care what the national media says when they say it while also not caring if they say anything at all but on the face of it Mike, you gotta admit, that was a pretty good burn.

I did enjoy the post very much!

• USAFChief and Dantes929 like this

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#44 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 23,506 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

but on the face of it Mike, you gotta admit, that was a pretty good burn.

tenor.gif

• USAFChief, Dantes929, Mr. Brooks and 1 other like this

So, in conclusion, what was your question again?

#45 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 14,158 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

more tongue in cheek... I enjoy Mike's thread... read it religiously, and have similar views about national attention... only time I get annoyed is that the Twins are never on nationally... but then again, they've deserved that of late. 

• Mike Sixel likes this

#46 TFRazor

TFRazor

Who's on first?

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

I have recollections from the Ray Moore and Bill Plies era. You kids go look that up.

That was right around the time that dinosaurs started wandering around correct?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kyle gibson, trevor hildenberger, taylor rogers, byron buxton, eddie rosario