Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Andrew Vasquez to be Recalled

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Jacksson

Jacksson

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

Chase DeJong = OOPS STRIKE ONE = Send him back down.
Andrew Vasquez = OOPS STRIKE TWO = Get him a plane ticket.
Now, who are you going to try with an 0-2 count?
Perhaps both Stewart and Romero.
Seems like Odorizzi is looking like he needs some time on the IL for SOMETHING that isn't right.

#42 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Who is worse than De Jong and Vasquez so we know who they can call up next?

Maybe Duffey? Or wait...

They’ll get Matt Belisle out of retirement!!
  • Doomtints likes this

Check out my work at Purple Pain, a Vikings forum: 

Mock Draft 2019

Running Back Rankings - 2019 Draft Class

#43 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,239 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

Seems like Odorizzi is looking like he needs some time on the IL for SOMETHING that isn't right.

No hits (one walk) through 4 and 1/3 innings is always the sign that medical intervention is needed. :)

I was at the game and was as befuddled as anyone else as to what suddenly changed. The medium breeze was blowing favorably for the pitchers, and I thought maybe our man Jake had been pitching with confidence that quality pitches in the zone wouldn't be jacked out of the park. Maybe I was imagining things with that, but if not, then I really have no idea why he seemingly became leery of coming in to the strike zone after the one hit. He was pitching with a run one lead against a fine pitcher, so he might have been trying to be careful not to allow even a tying run. Too careful.

But the results with the first 14 batters kind of rule out an IL stint.

I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it, the better. -- George Carlin

#44 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

No hits (one walk) through 4 and 1/3 innings is always the sign that medical intervention is needed. :)

I was at the game and was as befuddled as anyone else as to what suddenly changed. The medium breeze was blowing favorably for the pitchers, and I thought maybe our man Jake had been pitching with confidence that quality pitches in the zone wouldn't be jacked out of the park. Maybe I was imagining things with that, but if not, then I really have no idea why he seemingly became leery of coming in to the strike zone after the one hit. He was pitching with a run one lead against a fine pitcher, so he might have been trying to be careful not to allow even a tying run. Too careful.

But the results with the first 14 batters kind of rule out an IL stint.

There was a theory thrown out on the air that putting someone else in the on-deck circle when Odorizzi had a no hitter going got into Odorizzi's head. Odorizzi ended up batting anyway -- this was just a strategic move to freak out the other team -- but the theory is this rattled him.

I'm pretty sure I remember Odorizzi having a no-hitter going for quite some time and melting down the same way last year, though.

And don't forget -- his best game last year was also his first game of the year.

Edited by Doomtints, 12 April 2019 - 01:56 PM.

Twins Manifesto: Build for .500, hope for more.

#45 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

Who is worse than De Jong and Vasquez so we know who they can call up next?

Duffey.
  • Danchat and Vanimal46 like this