Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Adopt a prospect 2019?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you participate in Adopt-A-Prospect 2019? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

If we organized Adopt-A-Prospect again this year, how many prospects would you adopt?

1. 0 (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. 1 (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 3-5 (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

5. 6-10 (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Every prospect if they would let me (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Rally Monkey (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:59 PM

Is there interest in doing adopt a prospect again this year? I have not heard anything about it from anyone.

Did everyone like last years format and two stage draft? Suggestions, comments, encouragements?

• nicksaviking likes this

#2 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,216 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:06 PM

I'm not sure there was enough interest last year. Too many didn't even start pages after the draft and many didn't keep up with it. And with the daily minor league updates including the top TD prospects, it doesn't seem that necessary?

If there is interest someone else will have to help organize it as I'm way too busy this year.

#3 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 21,576 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:18 AM

Let's see if there is sufficient interest. I added a poll to the top of this thread.

• nicksaviking and goulik like this

Nothing is impossible for the one who doesn't have to do the work.

#4 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

Based on our (Lack of) responses, I think AAP is dead. It appears time to take off the life support, turn off the ventilator and heart monitor, mourn the loss, and move on with a permanent hole in our hearts and lives.

• Carole Keller, ashbury, TRex and 3 others like this

#5 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 10,054 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

I enjoyed doing AAP in 2017 but had a change of heart last season (after adopting the prospects, unfortunately).

Thanks for your dedication goulik! Start up a blog!
  • ashbury, nicksaviking and goulik like this

#6 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 13,734 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

I was really hoping to see a sucker select -Every prospect if they would let me-*

*We would totally let you

• goulik likes this

#7 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,216 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:22 PM

I enjoyed doing AAP in 2017 but had a change of heart last season (after adopting the prospects, unfortunately).

Thanks for your dedication goulik! Start up a blog!

That's really a great idea for anyone still wanting to take on a prospect and follow them through the season ... blog it. Especially if outside TD's top 20 ... who get updated on the daily write ups.

#8 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,216 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

Based on our (Lack of) responses, I think AAP is dead. It appears time to take off the life support, turn off the ventilator and heart monitor, mourn the loss, and move on with a permanent hole in our hearts and lives.

You did all you could ... without enough participants who stay with it through the season ... it's just too difficult to maintain. But maybe Hoskin had the right idea ... choose some prospects you want to follow and blog.

• nicksaviking likes this

#9 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

You did all you could ... without enough participants who stay with it through the season ... it's just too difficult to maintain. But maybe Hoskin had the right idea ... choose some prospects you want to follow and blog.

Yeah, I’ll do something... I’ve been thinking about highlighting under the radar guys (non top 20) that are having good seasons/months/streaks or something
  • ashbury, TRex and Breekie18 like this