Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/5): Powerful Pitching Performances

jordan balazovic brusdar graterol jorge alcala jhoan duran luis arraez
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:11 AM

I actually didn't even notice that it was Doogie "reporting" the initial call up. I would have waited for a second source had I noticed.
  • SF Twins Fan, operation mindcrime and jkcarew like this

#22 caninatl04

caninatl04

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:26 AM

Looking at box scores only, I would have named Trey Cabbage as my hitter of the day.

#23 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrators
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:31 AM

And now Dan Hayes is reporting that Chase De Jong, who isn't even on the 40-man roster, will be added. What was your favorite Tyler Austin Twins moment?
  • operation mindcrime and Original Whizzinator like this

Find me on Twitter @TFTwins and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#24 The Mask of Zoilo

The Mask of Zoilo

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

Austin designated, De Jong called up, likely to piggyback Pineda today since they needed to use Perez yesterday?
  • Original Whizzinator likes this

#25 The Mask of Zoilo

The Mask of Zoilo

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

It looks like the Front Office will continue using the 40th roster spot as a rotating fill a need/designate for assignment/claim on waivers type of deal.
  • Original Whizzinator likes this

#26 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

Take a look at the bullpen usage chart heading into today. The Twins need some length. To everyone questioning the Littell callup, who would you rather have seen them promote in this situation?

45pen

Correct... what they're doing is protecting themselves in case Pineda can't get through the 3rd or 4th. And they likely will continue to have some sort of limit on Pineda, innings or pitches and De Jong can fill in through the seventh or (even better) the eighth.

#27 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:01 AM

Looking at box scores only, I would have named Trey Cabbage as my hitter of the day.

Me too... single, double, homer... big game... 

Arraez does have a tendency to possibly get overlooked just because it's a ton of singles. 

• dbminn likes this

#28 jimbo92107

jimbo92107

Señor Member

• Members
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 April 2019 - 03:23 PM

His pitching motion seems a lot like Justin Verlander’s.

Not as disciplined and precise, but yes, Jordan Balazovic does look like he's doing a good impersonation of Verlander's throwing motion. Not a bad guy to emulate. Let's hope he refines his game the same way that Verlander has done. On the other hand, then the Twins won't be able to afford him...

The door opened. A woman screamed. Someday, my mom would learn to knock.

#29 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

Take a look at the bullpen usage chart heading into today. The Twins need some length. To everyone questioning the Littell callup, who would you rather have seen them promote in this situation?

45pen

Considering his 2018 and his nice spring, I would have thought about Eades.

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#30 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:10 AM

Not as disciplined and precise, but yes, Jordan Balazovic does look like he's doing a good impersonation of Verlander's throwing motion. Not a bad guy to emulate. Let's hope he refines his game the same way that Verlander has done. On the other hand, then the Twins won't be able to afford him...

If that’s what we have to worry about, I’m fine with that.

Between Brusdar, Duran and Balazovic, there is some serious talent to keep tabs on. Fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jordan balazovic, brusdar graterol, jorge alcala, jhoan duran, luis arraez