Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Acuna Matata: Braves Give Ronald Acuna $100 Million

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:16 PM

I don't have his numbers, so I won't pretend to argue with the details, but the point he was making is that the viewership will hit a point of no return, akin to what is being seen in Los Angeles, where it's too expensive for local cable companies to pay for the channel that hosts the local MLB team due to the amount of money that channel has to recoup from what it paid to the team. I don't have his numbers, but there's about a half-dozen markets in the next 2-3 years going to face what LA is now and most of them by 2025, in his estimations.

Ok, LA might have out kicked their coverage, but on the other side of that are markets, like the Twins, that are still stuck in under valued media deals.

#62 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

Ok, LA might have out kicked their coverage, but on the other side of that are markets, like the Twins, that are still stuck in under valued media deals.

Yet the Twins saw this same thing with Victory Sports within the last 20 years. There's only so much the market will bear.

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!

#63 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:29 AM

Yet the Twins saw this same thing with Victory Sports within the last 20 years. There's only so much the market will bear.

Of course there is only so much the market will bear.
But, nobody has shown me any evidence that we are headed towards that point. Only theories and guesses and hypotheses, no evidence.
Anyone who reads all of my posts will see that I'm not on the players or owners side. I'm only on the side of facts. I've simultaneously argued against pro labor and pro ownership whenever I think an argument goes against the facts.
  • Mike Sixel likes this