Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Non-Twins 2019 season news

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:35 PM

FWIW, the Phillies already traded for Jay Bruce, and are playing Kingery in CF. So their outfield appears set again, for now.

Yeah, I was a bit late coming back to this thread.

#142 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:37 PM

While I thought Puig might do OK in that ballpark, he's been such a basket case it shouldn't be surprising that he didn't adjust to change well. I disliked every one of those players the Reds got back. The Reds ate more money than LA did taking back Homer Bailey and they could have used that money so much better in free agency.

I thought Puig would blow up in that park and be a real asset for them.

• Mike Sixel and Vanimal46 like this

#143 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,979 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

I thought Puig would blow up in that park and be a real asset for them.

Same... Could be a nice buy low opportunity this winter when he hits free agency though!

#144 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:08 AM

Same... Could be a nice buy low opportunity this winter when he hits free agency though!

Puig strikes me as one of those guys that isn't playing his hardest unless he wants to. Like this year when he played his old rival San Francisco, he was trash talking their players and saying how much he loves getting booed by their fans. He went 10 for 22 against them.He hasn't seemed very fired up the rest of the season. He would also get into these ruts with LA until he started losing playing time and it would seem to light a fire in him.

#145 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,979 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:50 PM

#Kenbomb
  • Danchat likes this

#146 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 4,477 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:10 PM

The Yankees have acquired first baseman/DH Edwin Encarnacion from the Mariners, ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan reports (Twitter link).Right-handed pitching prospect Juan Then is headed to the M’s in the trade, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports, and USA Today’s Bob Nightengale adds that Then is the only player being acquired in exchange for Encarnacion.

Ugh, I don't like this. The Yankee lineup is loaded from top to bottom - if healthy, of course.

Check out my work at Purple Pain, a Vikings forum: 

Mock Draft 2019

Running Back Rankings - 2019 Draft Class

#147 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:12 PM

#Kenbomb

I honestly wonder what this means for the health of a number of players on that roster.

Luke Voit is going nowhere. The man has 105 games as a Yankee, and has a 155 OPS+ and 31 home runs over 443 plate appearances.

However, opening up the Yankees B-Ref page could cause your browser to crash before you ever get to see the team statistics on the season, as they have 14 players currently with some sort of mention in the "Current Injuries" portion of the team page. Among those are Miguel Andujar and Greg Bird, two guys who were supposed to factor into the corners to open the year. Add in Kendrys Morales, who was acquired midseason and has already suffered a calf injury. Top it off with the fact that the team was initially going to use their DH spot for a rotating spot for an outfielder among their depth with Gardner, Hicks, Frazier, Judge, and Stanton. Instead, each has seen IL time this year, and Judge and Stanton are both actively on the IL with nagging injuries that have limited to a total of 23 games between them.

E-wing can do some things, but he can't play the outfield...

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!

#148 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 4,477 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:12 AM

I honestly wonder what this means for the health of a number of players on that roster.

Luke Voit is going nowhere. The man has 105 games as a Yankee, and has a 155 OPS+ and 31 home runs over 443 plate appearances.

However, opening up the Yankees B-Ref page could cause your browser to crash before you ever get to see the team statistics on the season, as they have 14 players currently with some sort of mention in the "Current Injuries" portion of the team page. Among those are Miguel Andujar and Greg Bird, two guys who were supposed to factor into the corners to open the year. Add in Kendrys Morales, who was acquired midseason and has already suffered a calf injury. Top it off with the fact that the team was initially going to use their DH spot for a rotating spot for an outfielder among their depth with Gardner, Hicks, Frazier, Judge, and Stanton. Instead, each has seen IL time this year, and Judge and Stanton are both actively on the IL with nagging injuries that have limited to a total of 23 games between them.

E-wing can do some things, but he can't play the outfield...

It sure looks like he’ll be the DH. I’m not sure if Morales and Bird are going to be factors, so they could be DFAd if they ever get healthy. MLBtraderumors suggests Frazier could get traded for pitching.

Check out my work at Purple Pain, a Vikings forum: 

Mock Draft 2019

Running Back Rankings - 2019 Draft Class

#149 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 4,193 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:38 PM

It sure looks like he’ll be the DH. I’m not sure if Morales and Bird are going to be factors, so they could be DFAd if they ever get healthy. MLBtraderumors suggests Frazier could get traded for pitching.

That's been an assumption on Frazier for some time, but I believe the Yankees have an inflated idea of his value. When they approached the Pirates regarding Gerrit Cole, they wanted the Pirates to add in more to get JUST Frazier, whereas the Pirates weren't willing to take Frazier only for Cole (you could argue on whether they truly got more or not, but that was the discussion point).

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!