Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: The Next Minnesota Twins - 2019

ryne harper brent rooker alex kirilloff nick gordon lewis thorpe
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 108Stitches

108Stitches

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

I really hope Thorpe starts back in Rochester not Pensacola. Thorpe already has mastered AA enough and now needs more AAA seasoning and should be in the mix for any potential call ups if he is outperforming Stewart, Littell, Gonsalves, and DeJong.
Regarding Tyler Wells I think if he pitches outstanding he’ll have as good of a chance as any for a September call up. I mean after this season Wells is a potential Rule 5 candidate. Of course the Twins could just add him to the 40 man roster after the season is over, but if he’s flat out dominating in AA and AAA the Twins might as well get a sneak peak with Wells IMO.

Thorpe is gonna go to ROC. As far as Tyler Wells...I’d definitely put him above dark horse.
I guess he will just have to have the best numbers of everyone in the Twins organization... again.
  • Steve Lein likes this

#22 ScrapTheNickname

ScrapTheNickname

• Members
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

Steve, where did you play town ball?

It is impressive that you played until you were 30, it shows how much you love the game. I would much rather play than watch, but ...

• Steve Lein likes this

#23 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Administrators
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:46 AM

Steve, where did you play town ball?

It is impressive that you played until you were 30, it shows how much you love the game. I would much rather play than watch, but ...

I played for the Cologne Coyotes, and thankfully they switched the nickname to the Hollanders after a few years, haha. Venues in their league (the Crow River Valley League) have hosted many-of-Class C state tournaments over the years and is one of the better in the state every year.

That damn ACL tear ruined my "career year" though, hah.

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 45, Speed: 45. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but will sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#24 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

First off, thanks to all for the kind words. I love writing this piece every year!

Definitely a logjam, and it will only get more cluttered moving forward I think. But the point you make about it lines up with what I think is the Front Office's plan as the summer wears on. They didn't go out and sign a Keuchel or Kimbrel in the offseason, but a move for someone along those lines at the trade deadline becomes a distinct possibility when you have these assets in the organization.

I agree. We have a logjam of pretty good hitters at OF/1B/DH. It's a nice problem to have, but I don't see where they all will fit in. With so many teams in some form of rebuild, I think the trade deadline will be wild this year and an opportunity to take a shot at shoring up our pitching. 

Edited by howieramone2, 28 March 2019 - 10:24 AM.

• Steve Lein likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ryne harper, brent rooker, alex kirilloff, nick gordon, lewis thorpe