- Article: Vikings Continue to Be Big Losers in Peterson Case
Today, 03:16 AM
- Latest plat
Today, 01:36 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Yesterday, 11:50 PM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 11:41 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:06 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Game Thread
Yesterday, 05:10 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Article: Twins Top Tampa Thanks To Towles Tater
Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:12 PM
And on the other side of the coin for the Twins - Jason Bulger pitches one third of an inning vs. the Red Sox, walks 4 and then gives up a grand slam. Ouch.
Of course, I just happened to tune into the game one minute before Bulger walked in a run, then gave up a grand slam.
Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:26 PM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:44 AM
"I sure hope J.R. Towles beats out Drew Butera for the 3rdcatching spot on the 25-man roster."
You know, Fanatic Jack, I disagree with you. I think the 3rd catcher will get like 1 start a week, if that. Let Towles play at AAA. If the Twins need a 1st or 2nd catcher later in the season, bring up Towles who has been getting consistent AB's to play regularly.
Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:55 AM
I think the 3rd catcher will get like 1 start a week, if that. Let Towles play at AAA. If the Twins need a 1st or 2nd catcher later in the season, bring up Towles who has been getting consistent AB's to play regularly.
It's sort of the Ramos - Butera situation from a couple of years ago. Ramos, the better player, stays at AAA so he can play everyday while Butera gets to go to the show because he's presumably going to sit on the bench a lot. It's crazy, but if you were a catcher in the Twins system, you'd want to be the third best and not the second best. Maybe Butera is only pretending he can't hit so he can stay in the majors.