- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 10:20 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 09:57 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 06:06 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 05:52 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 05:48 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Yesterday, 06:15 AM
- Article: Pro Bowl Shuts Out Vikings
Dec 23 2014 11:28 PM
Article: Twins Top Tampa Thanks To Towles Tater
Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:12 PM
And on the other side of the coin for the Twins - Jason Bulger pitches one third of an inning vs. the Red Sox, walks 4 and then gives up a grand slam. Ouch.
Of course, I just happened to tune into the game one minute before Bulger walked in a run, then gave up a grand slam.
Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:26 PM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:44 AM
"I sure hope J.R. Towles beats out Drew Butera for the 3rdcatching spot on the 25-man roster."
You know, Fanatic Jack, I disagree with you. I think the 3rd catcher will get like 1 start a week, if that. Let Towles play at AAA. If the Twins need a 1st or 2nd catcher later in the season, bring up Towles who has been getting consistent AB's to play regularly.
Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:55 AM
I think the 3rd catcher will get like 1 start a week, if that. Let Towles play at AAA. If the Twins need a 1st or 2nd catcher later in the season, bring up Towles who has been getting consistent AB's to play regularly.
It's sort of the Ramos - Butera situation from a couple of years ago. Ramos, the better player, stays at AAA so he can play everyday while Butera gets to go to the show because he's presumably going to sit on the bench a lot. It's crazy, but if you were a catcher in the Twins system, you'd want to be the third best and not the second best. Maybe Butera is only pretending he can't hit so he can stay in the majors.