Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Alternative baseball parks and sites this season and past comments

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cardsfan

cardsfan

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 168 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

I have been to 41 MLB parks so far with 4 more to go. Anyways, I see that baseball is going to play in Japan for 2 games on March 20-21. Monterrey, Mexico is hosting 4 games in April and May. Omaha, Nebraska gets a game in June. London, England gets 2 Yankees and Red Sox games in June as well as if this will really increase baseball popularity there. Williamsport, Pennsylvania will get a Pirates/Cubs game.

In the past they have played in Puerto Rico for several games when the Expos were on their way out of time. Las Vegas hosted the A's whenever their field was being fixed for the return of the Raiders. Hawaii has hosted opening days. One game has been played in Williamsburg. There has been a game played in Disney's ESPN field. I am surprised that they are just playing exhibitions in Montreal's Olympic stadium instead of hosting a series.

Have I missed any alternative stadiums in the last 20 or so years where they played regular season games? I am surprised the Royals don't play Thursday games in Omaha before this season for attendance boost. I've looked into seeing if a football dome could be comfigured to play a game. I missed visiting the Astrodome, but, wonder if they could play a weekend series there.

Any ideas? The Twins years ago had suggested playing outdoors for a series before the new Target Field was realized, but, it was rejected.

Edited by cardsfan, 08 March 2019 - 07:28 PM.