Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Is Twins Daily centered for you? (site question)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

I'm having a problem with TD but I think it's unique to my personal install of Google Chrome, as no one else I speak to seems to have the problem.

Every so often, Twins Daily will not be centered in my browser window and will appear on the left of the window instead of the middle. The entire site shifts to the left upon loading pages.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? If not, please say so... If it DOES appear on the left, definitely let me know. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday writing the site so that under NO circumstances can it shift to the left, yet it continues to do so on my screen (which pretty much means it's a personal browser issue). Please let me know one way or the other. Thanks.

#2 TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm having a problem with TD but I think it's unique to my personal install of Google Chrome, as no one else I speak to seems to have the problem.

Every so often, Twins Daily will not be centered in my browser window and will appear on the left of the window instead of the middle. The entire site shifts to the left upon loading pages.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? If not, please say so... If it DOES appear on the left, definitely let me know. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday writing the site so that under NO circumstances can it shift to the left, yet it continues to do so on my screen (which pretty much means it's a personal browser issue). Please let me know one way or the other. Thanks.

I browse with firefox and I have not seen that problem.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Okay, good. I've tested it on various installs of Firefox and haven't come across it yet. That means it's probably a Chrome-only problem. Now to figure out if it's all installs of Chrome, just my install, or only Chrome for Mac installs (what I'm using).

It doesn't even appear to be a webkit problem (a browser architecture used by multiple browser makers). Webkit is used for both Safari and Chrome but I can't get the error to replicate in Safari.

#4 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

It happens occasionally with me - Internet Explorer 9.

#5 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

It happens occasionally with me - Internet Explorer 9.

Good to know. Let me know if it continues, as I just implemented the final changes yesterday evening.

#6 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

It never has occurred with me on Google Chrome.

#7 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,758 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Okay, now this is bizarre.

I'm a creature of habit so I'm still using IE 8. I think maybe TD appears to the left of the middle but I always keep my zoom at 200% so I just attributed it to that.

But the weird thing is that after I read this thread the first time, I was in another site on a different browser window and all of a sudden things that were always on the left there are now centered.

Weird coincidence?

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Heh, possibly. If you're still having the problem, I suggest deleting your browser cache. I did a clean sweep of my cache earlier today and haven't had the problem since.

#9 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

I do have that problem, but it hasn't really bothered me that much.

#10 SpantheMan

SpantheMan

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

I use chrome on a mac and it has happened occasionally

#11 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

I use chrome, and it is happening right now. It is intermittent, though.
Lighten up Francis....

#12 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Weird. Now it has gone away for me.

#13 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods