Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Report: Twins, Kepler Finalizing Extension

max kepler jorge polanco
  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:09 AM

I have no complaint on this extension, or the one to Polanco. I want to see more. Rosario and Berrios. I think the wait and see stance on Buxton and Sano is a mistake. Show the players you are willing to take a risk. If both received similiar deals to Kepler and Polanco it would hardly handcuff the team even if the players don't pan out. But if Sano and Buxton come through which we all hope then the extension prices will greatly increase. I don't see Kepler as being any less of a risk.

How do you know there is a wait and see attitude with Buxton and Sano?You're confusing signing first with offered first.

• Mike Sixel likes this

#62 gman

gman

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:16 AM

I find it interesting that the first players the Twins locked up to team friendly contracts both have a number of highly rated prospects coming up to their positions in the next 2-3 years. Maybe sooner.

• Mike Sixel, Monkeypaws and howieramone2 like this

#63 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

Looks like Bill Smith's will have his impact on the Twins as GM felt for another 5 to 7 years with these exentions. Even longer if traded for good prospects down the road....

He was a good administrator and the only FO employee ever popular on this board. If you want to know the truth about who actually made the final decision contact LaVelle or feel free to meet me at the downtown library at 300 Nicollett Ave. at your convenience. 

Edited by howieramone2, 15 February 2019 - 10:44 AM.

#64 sweetmusicviola16

sweetmusicviola16

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:55 AM

How do you know there is a wait and see attitude with Buxton and Sano?You're confusing signing first with offered first.

Actually "wait and see" in regard to Sano and Buxton was what I read in a LEN III article in regard to Twins extensions.

Do Hyoung Park also is saying close to the same thing in a present article about a Kyle Gibson possible extension on twinsdotcom.

I may well be confused but I am merely going by what I have read.

#65 Dman

Dman

• Members
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

So Max truly is Max a Million now. Set for life way to beat the odds Max!

#66 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,132 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

Fun interview between Peter Gammons and Max Kepler on MLB Network following today's press conference.

#67 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 21,576 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:55 AM

Fun interview between Peter Gammons and Max Kepler on MLB Network following today's press conference.

Nice tidbits - his close tie to Polanco was something I don't recall seeing.

Also, did you know his parents dance ballet? (yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss)

Nothing is impossible for the one who doesn't have to do the work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: max kepler, jorge polanco