Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

The Twins sign a couple of LHPs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thrylos

Thrylos

Twins World Champions in 2019

• Members
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Tim Collins and Justin Nicolino. Minor League contracts with ST invites.Both have have MLB experience, Collins with KC and DC and Nicolino with FL. Collins is a reliever and Nicolino has been mainly starting.

• Mike Sixel and Doctor Wu like this
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#2 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

I know I have to sit thru the dumpster diving talk, but can't help noticing a lot of teams are doing the same thing. They must be concerned about their lefties. We picked up 3 at the 2017 trade deadline, but only one in 2018. Another reason why, I'm not at all unhappy about Perez. Out of the pen, he has touched 97. 

Edited by howieramone2, 06 February 2019 - 08:04 PM.

25% of the time you can beat anybody. 25% of the time you can't beat nobody. It's the other 50% of the time that defines you as a pitcher.

#3 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:35 PM

I know I have to sit thru the dumpster diving talk, but can't help noticing a lot of teams are doing the same thing. They must be concerned about their lefties. We picked up 3 at the 2017 trade deadline, but only one in 2018. Another reason why, I'm not at all unhappy about Perez. Out of the pen, he has touched 97. 

Every team makes a dozen minor league signings or so like this. They're just adding depth guys whose chances will be low at making the team, and some guys will stay at AAA to prepare for a chance at a callup at some point. Nicolino or Collins could be one of those vets who get called up midseason because a reliever is hurt and they've been pitching well at AAA.

• Strato Guy likes this