Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: How the Twins Are Preparing for the Impact of Injuries

byron buxton
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,049 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

The Twins signing a SP was unexpected?

The Twins signed a starting pitcher? Who'd we get?
  • Mike Sixel and Riverbrian like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#42 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,243 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

The Twins signing a SP was unexpected?

I never had particularly strong hopes, and particularly by that point in the off-season, yeah, Perez was unexpected to me.

• Mike Sixel likes this

Always put the important things ahead of mere dire emergencies.

#43 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,345 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:20 PM

There's a ways to go before they break camp, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Gibson start on the Dl. He's thin as a rail having lost 25 pounds with Ecoli.

I would. You’re talking about a professional athlete. Pitchers are still almost a week away from even starting workouts. E coli poisoning isn’t particularly serious unless you are very young, very old or otherwise unhealthy. None of these apply to Gibson.

#44 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,247 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

It likely will be to the extent of the damage. If he's recovered at this point, he might get off to a bit slower start, but yeah, I'd think he'd be fine...

but based on the amount of weight lost, I've got to think that this was a bit more than a random case of food poisoning. He's going to need to rebuild strength/muscle. 

#45 caninatl04

caninatl04

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 737 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:48 PM

Depending on which Hildenberger is the real Hildenberger ('17 or '18), he might not belong in the league, let alone the '19 bullpen.

I am still of the opinion the Hildy was over / mis used in '18 and that he will be of value in '19 and beyond

#46 sweetmusicviola16

sweetmusicviola16

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 190 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

No talk of marwin Gonzalez? This is the type of guy that we need. A solid bat who can play almost every position at an ML caliber of play. And switch hits. 

Our FO talks of being ready to strike when the oppurtunity comes. Should we just expect that oppurtunity to fall out of the sky? How about you put yourself in a better position for it to happen in the first place. A Gonzalez puts us in a far better position than Austin ever can.

• Mike Sixel and Twins33 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: byron buxton