Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Cron vs. Austin

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• 4,984 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:28 PM

I absolutely agree 100%! Now, we don't know what they offered him, but $7M per for 3yrs would have made him affordable and valuable as a role player who played as much as a starter giving the team outstanding depth and roster flexibility.

What frustrates me so much...and I LIKE Adrianza...is that our only real depth/option for the infield is Adrianza. That's it! Even with Escobar gone, and even if Marwin was too expensive or just didn't want to be here, there were other solid bat/multiple position guys available for depth. And we didn't even appear interested. (Which is why I made a post attempting to discuss if the FO was "blowing it" in regard to infield depth). I'm sorry, but I just don't see Torreyes and the not yet ready Gordon or Arraez as depth.

Astudillo?
  • DocBauer likes this

#42 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,593 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:26 PM

Astudillo?

Huge fan and big believer. I hope there is room on the team for him. Could be anything from starting catcher...when you think about Castro comjng back from a knee and Garver's dings to the head to back up catcher to full in utility player.

I thought he looked just fine at 3B when I saw him there. He also made appearances at 2B and the OF. But can he actually play those spots or was he just thrown out there because at least he wouldn't embarrass himself? No matter how much I like him, he's still a question mark as to where he can play and how ready he is.

I'd rather have too many guys to place instead of wondering if I have enough.
  • Sconnie and Doctor Wu like this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown