Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Lewis, Kirilloff, Rooker Among Twins Non-Roster Invites

royce lewis alex kirilloff brent rooker ben rortvedt jake reed
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 AZTwin

AZTwin

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

1 day of service time for Free Medical for life.  43 days of service time to be in the pension program.  Both are key service dates for fringe players as well.

• Seth Stohs likes this

#22 108Stitches

108Stitches

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

I would've thought we all learned from the Adam Brett Walker experience that CAPS and prospect talk dont mix well.

Sorry lol Phone version doesn’t allow for italics so that’s what I did instead. Please find it within your clutterheart to forgive me :) 

#23 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,215 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Sorry lol Phone version doesn’t allow for italics so that’s what I did instead. Please find it within your clutterheart to forgive me :)

If you put [ i ] [ /i ] (without the extra spaces) around the words you want italicized, that should work. It is a bit more unwieldy, however.
  • nicksaviking and 108Stitches like this

#24 BBAM

BBAM

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

They probably are just trying to excite the fan base.Trying to make us overlook the fact that they are not going to spend the money they were paying Mauer.I know he earned it but we have spent three to four seasons waiting for it to be done.I know he wasn't the reason or should not have been the reason they were not spending, but we have spent at least the last 3 off seasons wondering who they would sign once Mauer was gone.Woo hoo we got Cruz, while I am excited to get him, I can't take this anymore.I made it 3 days w/o reading about the Twins hopefully I can wean myself off of them all together. 

#25 nater79a

nater79a

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

I am hoping the Kirloff makes enough noise in camp to at least force the FO to start him in Pensacola. Most of the invites are just to bring them in early to work with them and let the better prospects get their feet wet in a major league spring training regime. I expect most of the prospects will be sent out when minor league training camps open, which is the first or second week of March.Any of them that do not would be a sign they have opened some eyes of the major league staff.

My guess is that Kirilloff is a Blue Wahoo to start the season regardless.

• nicksaviking and Halsey Hall like this

#26 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 13,732 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

It certainly would make a nice impression with the new Pensacola affiliate.

Being young and high top end talent, surely as per usual, Kirriloff and Lewis will be among the first re-assigned. I wonder if Rooker will get a longer look. There's a bit of a logjam ahead of him, but he appears much closer to being a legit consideration.

#27 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

From what I have seen, the feeling is he will start in Ft. Myers and move up if things go well in May or June.

#28 nater79a

nater79a

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

Being young and high top end talent, surely as per usual, Kirriloff and Lewis will be among the first re-assigned. I wonder if Rooker will get a longer look. There's a bit of a logjam ahead of him, but he appears much closer to being a legit consideration.

I am hoping Kirilloff, Lewis, Rooker and Larnach all play together with the Blue Wahoos this season.Wishful thinking, I'm sure, as some of the others may move on/up before Larnach gets there.In fact, Larnach may only get as high as Fort Myers this year.

#29 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

How similar are Rooker and Raley...

Luke Raley

24 years old, listed at 6'3 220lbs.Plays OF/1B, 2018 at AA: 20HR, .275/.350/.471

Brent Rooker

24 years old, listed at 6'3 215lbs.Plays OF/1B, 2018 at AA 22 HR, .254/.333/.465

• Seth Stohs likes this

#30 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

There shouldn't be much doubt about that.I had some fun with the Kirlloff's yesterday.We knew Alex and his Dad, Dave would be coming out in the afternoon to work out, so 4 of us waited.The photographer among us had a photo they wanted.When the did show up, they carried equipment to the field, (a lot of balls).Dave threw bp to Alex, and at one point asked the photographer to take some video of Alex's swing.It was interesting to hear what his dad was trying to teach him.When they were done with that, we went outon the field and shagged the balls with them.Dave ran up to me and introduced himself, as he did with all of us.There was a lot of visiting with them and Dave took pictures of us.He explained what he was trying to teach Alex.He has a hitting school in PA.It was fun and very interesting, glad I experienced it.They are really good guys. 

• Han Joelo, SD Buhr, Hosken Bombo Disco and 1 other like this

he gone!

#31 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,133 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

How the heck do you NOT invite Tyler Wells? He had THE best numbers in the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION. Some of those position guys had mediocre years to be honest.

So much goes into the non-roster invites beyond play. For a guy like Wells, a starting pitching who would not make the Opening Day roster and is well down the depth chart, they're going to let him come in a few weeks later and watch his innings. They can start working on getting him ready for the season rather than eating a couple of innings here and there. Also, he could still go over there some. 

Generally, they're making sure they have enough players. Need extra catchers to catch all the bullpens. Need extra infielders. Could be any number of reasons. 

#32 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,133 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:26 PM

From what I have seen, the feeling is he will start in Ft. Myers and move up if things go well in May or June.

I'll be completely shocked if Kirilloff doesn't start in Pensacola. Lewis will start in Ft. Myers and could move up to the Blue Wahoos by June. 

#33 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,133 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:30 PM

The fact that they are non-roster guys likely mean that they could stick around longer. Nick Gordon lasted quite a while the last two years. I would guess that he will move down sooner this year because he is on the 40-man roster. Multiple reasons for that, but one of them is that if 40-man roster guys get hurt while in big-league camp, they go on tnhe MLB DL.

• spycake likes this

#34 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 13,261 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

I could see Rooker and Ralley as possibles to make the team, but I doubt any of these guys do. I think it's good for all of them though. I wouldn't be shocked at all though if one of these guys gets added to the 40 man and called up at some point. That will depend largely on how Cron, Austin, and Cruz do. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royce lewis, alex kirilloff, brent rooker, ben rortvedt, jake reed