Vikings Journal Forums
- NFL: Chiefs' Abdullah Should Not Have Been Penalized
Today, 12:08 AM
- Grantland: Keep It Simple, Teddy
Yesterday, 09:28 PM
- The NFL Now Has All Of The Monies
Yesterday, 08:06 PM
- America's Pregame Takes Aim At Aaron Rodgers
Yesterday, 03:47 PM
- MUST SEE: Brett Favre's new commercial
Yesterday, 03:33 PM
- Packers' coach Mike McCarthy on the Vikings
Yesterday, 02:54 PM
- Vikings Journal Mailbag: Teddy, Patterson and Hodges
- Third-Down Defense a Big Problem
- Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
- Vikings Offensive Review: Teddy Shines and the Offense Follows
- THE BIG QUESTION: Will Teddy Be Ready for Thursday?
- The Vikings Offense Returns Versus The Falcons
Orioles Rush Other Star Prospect
6 replies to this topic
Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:53 PM
Dylan Bundy has been promoted to the Orioles just in time for the playoff race. The 19 year old, considered unanimously to be at least baseball's #2 prospect, had been pitching in AA prior to the call-up. Do you like the Orioles all-out approach or the conservative method displayed by the Nationals?
Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:17 PM
If he can play - let him play. Coach knows how to use a young player like that and won't put him in anything he cant handle. Great way to let your younger players feel that playoff intensity as well. Great for the future and possibly the present if he handles the pressure. Win Win
Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:34 PM
They'll use him. He's a dynamite pitcher who has put up gaudy numbers without his best pitch. He dominated the high-school ranks with a cut fastball as his out pitch. This year the O's asked him to shelve it to work on his off speed pitches and his 4-seamer. If they let him use it in the big leagues he could be a handy bullpen piece come playoff time. Similar to what the Rays did with David Price a few years back... It also won't hurt him to get a taste of a pennant race
Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM
How is this rushing? He hasn't been challenged at any level thus far. This gives him a chance to be challenged this year. Then he goes to AA/AAA and is allowed the whole arsenal next year and likely moves to the rotation full time sometime next summer. He was considered as MLB ready as the college pitchers in his own draft class.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!