Vikings Journal Forums
- Article: Vikings Hoping Injured Rudolph Won't Need Surgery
Today, 06:50 AM
- Matt Kalil Ranked as WORST Tackle in the League by PFF!
Today, 06:46 AM
- Caplan: Vikings to sign Bethel-Thompson to practice squad
Today, 06:43 AM
- Gophers passing "attack"
Yesterday, 06:55 PM
- Breer: Kyle Rudolph Out For 6 Weeks
Yesterday, 03:38 PM
- Article: Munnerlyn Comes To The Defense Of Peterson
Yesterday, 02:56 PM
- Vikings Hoping Injured Rudolph Won't Need Surgery
- The Teddy Bridgewater Era Begins
- The Teddy Bridgewater Era Begins In The Big Easy
- Game Recap: Cassel Era Ends with a Wimper, But There Are Good Signs to Come
- Game Recap: Cassel Era Ends with a Whimper, But There Are Good Signs to Come
- The No Podcast Podcast, Episode #22: Ready For Teddy
Orioles Rush Other Star Prospect
6 replies to this topic
Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:53 PM
Dylan Bundy has been promoted to the Orioles just in time for the playoff race. The 19 year old, considered unanimously to be at least baseball's #2 prospect, had been pitching in AA prior to the call-up. Do you like the Orioles all-out approach or the conservative method displayed by the Nationals?
Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:17 PM
If he can play - let him play. Coach knows how to use a young player like that and won't put him in anything he cant handle. Great way to let your younger players feel that playoff intensity as well. Great for the future and possibly the present if he handles the pressure. Win Win
Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:34 PM
They'll use him. He's a dynamite pitcher who has put up gaudy numbers without his best pitch. He dominated the high-school ranks with a cut fastball as his out pitch. This year the O's asked him to shelve it to work on his off speed pitches and his 4-seamer. If they let him use it in the big leagues he could be a handy bullpen piece come playoff time. Similar to what the Rays did with David Price a few years back... It also won't hurt him to get a taste of a pennant race
Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM
How is this rushing? He hasn't been challenged at any level thus far. This gives him a chance to be challenged this year. Then he goes to AA/AAA and is allowed the whole arsenal next year and likely moves to the rotation full time sometime next summer. He was considered as MLB ready as the college pitchers in his own draft class.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!