Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Where are they now? Ex-Twins in 2019

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

#361 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Getting Ready to Show Up to ST in the Best Shape of My Life!

• 13,390 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

He's only 35! Plenty of time to make the original signing worth it.

#362 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,546 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

The one and only “bidding war” the Twins ever “won”...
  • gil4 and Vanimal46 like this

#363 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 8,229 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

Well thanks a lot for that.
Now I need to dig out my Men In Black memory eraser and rid this from my mind again.

#364 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 9,434 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

I checked MLB rosters today, the day after the trading deadline and found a grand total of 26 ex-Twins on active rosters in the major leagues:

Pitchers--Oliver Drake (Tampa Bay), Buddy Boshers (Toronto), Anthony Swarzak (Atlanta), Tyler Kinley (Miami), Mike Morin (Philadelphia), Blake Parker (Philadelphia), Fernando Rodney (Washington), Brandon Kintzler (Chicago Cubs), Francisco Liriano (Pittsburgh), Adalberto Mejía (St. Louis), Liam Hendriks (Oakland), Matt Magill (Seattle), Tommy Milone (Seattle), Lance Lynn (Texas) and JT Chargois (LA Dodgers)

Catchers--Wilson Ramos (New York Mets), Kurt Suzuki (Washington) and Chris Herrmann (Oakland)

Infielders--Brian Dozier (Washington), Logan Forsythe (Texas), Danny Santana (Texas), Eduardo Escobar (Arizona) and Tyler Austin (San Francisco).

Outfielders--Aaron Hicks (New York Yankees), Niko Goodrum (Detroit) and Robbie Grossman (Oakland).
  • ashbury, birdwatcher, Monkeypaws and 2 others like this

#365 ashbury

ashbury

Elizabethton Twins

• 25,138 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

I checked MLB rosters today, the day after the trading deadline and found a grand total of 26 ex-Twins on active rosters in the major leagues:

Pitchers--Oliver Drake (Tampa Bay), Buddy Boshers (Toronto), Anthony Swarzak (Atlanta), Tyler Kinley (Miami), Mike Morin (Philadelphia), Blake Parker (Philadelphia), Fernando Rodney (Washington), Brandon Kintzler (Chicago Cubs), Francisco Liriano (Pittsburgh), Adalberto Mejía (St. Louis), Liam Hendriks (Oakland), Matt Magill (Seattle), Tommy MIlone (Seattle), Lance Lynn (Texas) and JT Chargois (LA Dodgers)

Catchers--Wilson Ramos (New York Mets), Kurt Suzuki (Washington)

Infielders--Brian Dozier (Washington), Logan Forsythe (Texas), Danny Santana (Texas), Eduardo Escobar (Arizona) and Tyler Austin (San Francisco).

Outfielders--Aaron Hicks (New York Yankees), Niko Goodrum (Detroit) and Robbie Grossman (Oakland).

Very thin bench for position players. And they'll have to DFA somebody - roster limit is 25.

• gil4 and mickeymental like this

Every nation ridicules other nations, and all are right. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

#366 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 31,628 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:31 PM

Pitchers--Oliver Drake (Tampa Bay), Buddy Boshers (Toronto), Anthony Swarzak (Atlanta), Tyler Kinley (Miami), Mike Morin (Philadelphia), Blake Parker (Philadelphia), Fernando Rodney (Washington), Brandon Kintzler (Chicago Cubs), Francisco Liriano (Pittsburgh), Adalberto Mejía (St. Louis), Liam Hendriks (Oakland), Matt Magill (Seattle), Tommy MIlone (Seattle), Lance Lynn (Texas) and JT Chargois (LA Dodgers)

Catchers--Wilson Ramos (New York Mets), Kurt Suzuki (Washington)

The best pitcher is on the IL! Not much pitching there....

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#367 spycake

spycake

• 17,693 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:55 AM

Pitchers--Oliver Drake (Tampa Bay), Buddy Boshers (Toronto), Anthony Swarzak (Atlanta), Tyler Kinley (Miami), Mike Morin (Philadelphia), Blake Parker (Philadelphia), Fernando Rodney (Washington), Brandon Kintzler (Chicago Cubs), Francisco Liriano (Pittsburgh), Adalberto Mejía (St. Louis), Liam Hendriks (Oakland), Matt Magill (Seattle), Tommy Milone (Seattle), Lance Lynn (Texas) and JT Chargois (LA Dodgers)

Catchers--Wilson Ramos (New York Mets), Kurt Suzuki (Washington) and Chris Herrmann (Oakland)

I know he never made the majors for the Twins, but Nick Anderson is solidly "ex-Twins org", and is now in the pen of a contender (Tampa).

Dereck Rodriguez (SF) is in this group too.

As is Nick Burdi (Pirates 60-day DL).

I'm fine with not counting Steve Pearce, though. :)

Edited by spycake, 02 August 2019 - 06:12 AM.

#368 spycake

spycake

• 17,693 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:09 AM

The best pitcher is on the IL! Not much pitching there....

Yup, Pressly is on the DL but should be back soon.

Neshek too, and not so soon... plus

David Hale

Juan Graterol

Edited by spycake, 02 August 2019 - 06:12 AM.

#369 stringer bell

stringer bell

• 9,434 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

From what I can see, both Hale and Graterol are on the Injured List. Honestly, I had forgotten that Hale had pitched for the Twins.

#370 spycake

spycake

• 17,693 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:50 AM

From what I can see, both Hale and Graterol are on the Injured List. Honestly, I had forgotten that Hale had pitched for the Twins.

Yup, I meant that post to mean all 4 guys were ex-Twins on MLB ILs. Sorry if I wasn't clear!

How could anyone forget Hale's lone Twins appearance? 3 IP, 4 runs in relief of Phil Hughes's last start ever, a 15-9 loss at home to the Reds. :)

https://www.baseball...201804270.shtml

Ah, 2018 Twins baseball...

Edited by spycake, 03 August 2019 - 07:50 AM.

#371 SpicyGarvSauce

SpicyGarvSauce

Ft Myers Miracle

• 485 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:05 AM

Yup, I meant that post to mean all 4 guys were ex-Twins on MLB ILs. Sorry if I wasn't clear!

How could anyone forget Hale's lone Twins appearance? 3 IP, 4 runs in relief of Phil Hughes's last start ever, a 15-9 loss at home to the Reds. :)

https://www.baseball...201804270.shtml

Ah, 2018 Twins baseball...

Heck, FSN provided a nice flashback last night during the game showing highlights of a game in which the Twins beat the Red Sox at Fenway...and the pitchers that night were Deduno, Fien, and Perkins.

Yikes!

#372 Han Joelo

Han Joelo

• 1,691 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:29 AM

Austin DFA'd, and Derek Rodriguez to AAA. 

• Doctor Wu likes this

#373 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• 3,688 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

He's only 35! Plenty of time to make the original signing worth it.

Kinda tasteless putting the picture up of him about to have his leg broken (not you, whoever wrote that tweet).

Edited by Doomtints, 03 August 2019 - 11:17 AM.

Twins Manifesto: Build for .500, hope for more.

#374 stringer bell

stringer bell

• 9,434 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:36 AM

Austin can probably hang around Triple A the rest of the year and find a permanent gig next year with 26-man rosters.

#375 ashbury

ashbury

Elizabethton Twins

• 25,138 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Austin can probably hang around Triple A the rest of the year and find a permanent gig next year with 26-man rosters.

Every team probably has 5 guys saying, "yeah, I can be that 26th man." Next year about this time, 4 of them will be agitating for the union to push for 27 paychecks.

• spycake likes this

#376 big dog

big dog

• 3,101 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:26 AM

Blake Parker's Philly career is off to a good start.

3 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 6 K

Two of those three innings were against the White Sox, however, so there's an asterisk there. Hold your tickets, we're not paying off until there's been a review of the tape.

• Han Joelo and Doctor Wu like this

#377 old nurse

old nurse

• 3,991 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:06 AM

Blake Parker's Philly career is off to a good start.

3 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 6 K

Two of those three innings were against the White Sox, however, so there's an asterisk there. Hold your tickets, we're not paying off until there's been a review of the tape.

Parker is like Belisle. He is a good pitcher except when he is not. Parker had 5 games of multiple runs. 6 multi hit games where he gave up one run or less. Given time, it will happen iin Phily.

#378 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,634 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

This is pretty great.Escobar taking Dozier deep in last night's game.Look at that smile on his face while he's in the box, so great.

https://bdata-produc...8863bbafcd4.mp4

• Monkeypaws and Shaitan like this

#379 ashbury

ashbury

Elizabethton Twins

• 25,138 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

This is pretty great.Escobar taking Dozier deep in last night's game.Look at that smile on his face while he's in the box, so great.

https://bdata-produc...8863bbafcd4.mp4

Kinda like an old-timers game. Dozier's just about there anyway.

#380 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 860 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:00 AM

Meanwhile, Danny Santana keeps playing surprisingly well for Texas, If anything, his stats have gotten better in the past month.He homered again yesterday (his 17th of the year) and now is batting .325 with 49 RBI. Pretty darn impressive. He's also been pretty versatile, playing outfield and infield, with another stint at 1st base yesterday.