Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: The Top 20 Minnesota Twins Assets of 2019: Part 2 (11-15)

stephen gonsalves miguel sano kyle gibson trevor may mitch garver
  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

I don't feel like Sano being so far down on this list is fair. Especially when we all know you are gonna put a couple A ball players 1 and 2 who have just as much, if not more of a chance of washing out. Sano is top 5 IMO on this team. They will still rise and fall with Sano and Buxton the next few years. 

One difference between Buxton and Sano's hitting that I have seen with my eyes. When Sano came up, he was patient, didn't swing at junk, walked a bunch, then hammered pitches when he was thrown hittable strikes. He lost that somewhere along the line, but his OBP and walk rate in the minors suggest he is capable of that again. 

Buxton never had any patience(at the ML level anyway) looked lost, guessed almost 100% of the time. He is still looks like a high school hitter. No polish whatsoever. 

I feel like Sano will be back if he can get himself in shape and his head screwed on straight. Almost seems like it is mostly mental with this guy, hopefully he has grown up. I guess I don't ever feel like Buxton will be the type of patient hitter Sano CAN be. He can still be a good hitter, but he is gonna have to do it by making good contact and using his legs.

• Twins33 and TheLeviathan like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stephen gonsalves, miguel sano, kyle gibson, trevor may, mitch garver