Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Claim 1B CJ Cron

cj cron
  • Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#241 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 15,616 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

That's fair, though you could probably work up an interesting system where you keep both Austin and Cron but sub in Kepler at first base occasionally, then rotate someone else through DH and OF.

Like I said, I'm not impressed much by this deal but I'll wait it out and see what else is planned.

I don't know how a baseball team in 2018 keeps both Cron and Austin on the roster.And if they do....it sure as hell looks a lot like the Park situation where we had Grossman, Arcia, Mauer, and Park on the roster.

I'd hope we all want those days to be over.Having a DH is fine.Having 2 or 3 of them.....not fine.

• Mike Sixel likes this

#242 USAFChief

USAFChief

Anyone got a smoke?

• Twins Mods
  • 22,145 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

I'm not sure you are getting what I'm saying ... I'm saying we can and absolutely need to do better. It's not about either/or with Cron or Austin, it's not about how we can roster them both, it's not even about if either or both provide any kind of positional flexibility ... NEITHER provides enough improvement. I'll wait to see where we are at the end of March, but if this is an example of the moves we are to see this winter, (and I've got to believe better is coming, but also won't hold my breath) and nothing significantly better, the very small increment of improvement this move might make will make little to no difference to where we are now. You might say we are moving in the right direction ... I'm saying that movement isn't enough to matter right direction or not. Maybe we've moved enough so we aren't standing right ON the hornets' nest, but we still need to move significantly farther and away from it not to get stung.

concur. Concurconcurconcur.
  • Carole Keller likes this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cj cron