Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: AFL Report - Week 5: Air Force Ace

griffin jax jaylin davis brent rooker adam bray travis blankenhorn
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,249 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

It's not that they "aren't eligible," they would just have to get a waiver from their winter league team, which if my memory serves me correct would usually be granted if requested (merits of doing this could be argued). Eddie Rosario needed one from his PRWL team, for example, when he played in the AFL in 2013.

I took my information from the MLB web site about the AFL:

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...&id=player_elig

One foreign player is allowed, as long as the player does not reside in a country that participates in winter ball, as part of the Caribbean Confederation or the Australian winter league.

But, truth is, they have failed me before, as they no doubt leave out all the fine print. You are probably correct in how it works in practice.

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#22 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Twins Daily Staff
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:57 AM

I took my information from the MLB web site about the AFL:

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...&id=player_elig

One foreign player is allowed, as long as the player does not reside in a country that participates in winter ball, as part of the Caribbean Confederation or the Australian winter league.

But, truth is, they have failed me before, as they no doubt leave out all the fine print. You are probably correct in how it works in practice.

Yeah they definitely leave out all the fine print.

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 45, Speed: 45. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but will sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: griffin jax, jaylin davis, brent rooker, adam bray, travis blankenhorn