Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: 2018 Twins Highlights: Web Gems

jake cave max kepler jose berrios kyle gibson eduardo escobar
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrators
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:50 AM

Free agency officially opens today, so it’s time to move forward and put this 2018 Twins Highlights series to bed. We’re going to end on a high note, covering what I believe are the most exciting plays to watch in baseball: Web gems.Just a reminder, earlier in this series I dedicated an entire post to Eddie Rosario and Willians Astudillo, so those two are not included in any of the compilations below.

We’re going to go all the way around the horn, starting with pitchers and catchers. When you think about defense, you don’t often take into account the guy on the mound, but the Twins have a couple of guys who would make even Jim Kaat proud in Kyle Gibson and Jose Berrios.

How about the rest of the infield? There was a lot of instability due to injuries, trades and Jorge Polanco’s suspension, but there was still some great glovework to be seen in 2018.

There were also injuries in the outfield that created some big holes, but that opened the door for Max Kepler to show off his versatility. Jake Cave also broke through and wowed Twins Territory with diving catch after diving catch.

Well there you have it, this is the final installment of the 2018 Twins Highlights series. I’m sure there were a few memorable moments or incredible plays I missed, but this was a lot of fun to put together. Here’s a rundown of what was covered:

Walk-Off Wins
Super Rosario and La Tortuga
Top Pitching Performances
Longest Home Runs
Mauer Milestones and More

I hope you enjoyed this series. To celebrate its conclusion, I mashed a bunch of these segments together to form a 20-minute long ultimate mixtape on YouTube.

Click here to view the article
  • ashburyjohn likes this

#2 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,977 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:36 AM

This is really a nice contribution to Twins fandom.

A painter should not paint what he sees, but what will be seen.-- Paul Valery

#3 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

Grain Belt: "The Friendly Beer"

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

Fun to see so many positive plays. Sometimes we only seem to remember the bad ones. Thanks!

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish saying

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jake cave, max kepler, jose berrios, kyle gibson, eduardo escobar