Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Offseason Blueprint: Status Quo

rocco baldelli byron buxton max kepler miguel sano jose berrios
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,575 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

So... you're saying that you're Mike Sixel and you don't approve of this message?

Nice! I rarely literally laugh out loud....of course, I didn't this time either, but I did make a laugh like sound....

• Monkeypaws and MN_ExPat like this

I remain hopeful on Buxton and Sano.....but I'd not bet the franchise on them.

#22 Original Whizzinator

Original Whizzinator

Whiner

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

I think they need to do a bit more here. Getting a Grandall and Cruz would be very beneficial. I also think trading some of their AAA pitching for ML help makes sense too. I don't think they were that far away from being a solid team. If Sano and Buxton do anything similar to their 2017 numbers, we're going to be wishing the FO tried a bit harder.

If we can get anything for our glut of AAA starters I'm all for it. I want to keep Gibson, Berrios, Pineda, Mejia and Romero the rest AAA or above have at it. Of course then add an Odorizzi upgrade or keep him if that doesn't happen.

#23 Original Whizzinator

Original Whizzinator

Whiner

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

Nice! I rarely literally laugh out loud....of course, I didn't this time either, but I did make a laugh like sound....

Self knowledge is the first step, I applaud.
Hehehe achem
  • Mike Sixel and MN_ExPat like this

#24 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

If the Falvine do something like this plan, and Sanó and Buxton flail away again this year, torches and pitchforks.

You gotta have a plan B, C, etc. This coming from the eternal optimist.

• Riverbrian and Danchat like this

#25 ChrisKnutson

ChrisKnutson

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

This ain’t it my man, because JUST signing Descalso and Adams may end us up with the same, if not worse, record than last season.

If not Cruz and Lowrie, than the FO needs to atleast improve the bullpen, and signing Joe Kelly to close for us would be an excellent first move.

#26 Han Joelo

Han Joelo

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:11 AM

Imagine IF Buxton and Sano were already who we hoped they could be, and not coming off of broken seasons, and the Twins went out and acquired them for nothing this offseason and added them to last year's team.  That would be exciting.  Would that even be enough, though?  

At any rate, I don't advocate that being the plan, but I'd say there is about a 10% 5% .5% chance that B and S both establish themselves as stars this year, so I guess it is one plan for contention.

• DannySD likes this

#27 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,977 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:55 AM

Earth Humor.

4e38ccb231a518eff01d0905c4b67279.gif

• tvagle likes this

A painter should not paint what he sees, but what will be seen.-- Paul Valery

#28 BBAM

BBAM

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

Wooo hooo Michael Reed who?Like we need more outfielders

#29 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Wooo hooo Michael Reed who?Like we need more outfielders

http://www.milb.com/...n=true&sid=t534

Rochester Red Wings 2018 stats. Take out Buxton, Grossman, Cave Lemarre, Field, i.e. the usual suspects, not much to be excited about. LeMarre is gone, hopefully Field and Grossman as well, although the latter has some small value as a proven commodity. Buxton is ??? Wade took a step backwards, then who is left? Granite? Hazelbaker.? Yikes.

In Rosario, Buxton, & Kepler we hope, with Cave as 4th. But you gotta have better options in AAA.

Reed is fast and hit well last season, and has had several sniffs of the majors as a 25 year old. He also appears to have a good eye at the plate as well. He's at least the prospect Wade is if not more.

• birdwatcher, Tomj14, rdehring and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rocco baldelli, byron buxton, max kepler, miguel sano, jose berrios