Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Offseason Primer: Building a Badass Bullpen

taylor rogers trevor may
  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,977 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:37 AM

Pineda hasn't pitched in a year, I hope no one is assuming he's there for sure next year.....

If all you ever sign is bargain RPs to one year deals, you need to do that year after year...what are the odds you are going to pick right? Move some of these mediocre SPs to RP, and let them loose. Sign a legit RP that you believe in to a multi-year deal. Then sign a flyer. But stop looking for guys trying to re-establish their value.

If Pineda isn't healthy and can't be relied on it's a terrible signing. He was on pace to pitch a little in September until he tore his meniscus. Nothing that should affect him long term. 2019 was always the play for him. I'm expecting him to be in the MLB rotation or bullpen.
  • DocBauer likes this

#62 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:31 PM

Twins need to identify the 2 best arms in free agency or trade and get them. Overpay or deal your guys to get them. Preferably guys under the age of 30. No low end guys, fliers, etc. Get the cats in here that throw 97 with hammer breaking balls. 

They won't because they are the Twins. But this is the quickest way to get yourself back to being in contention IMO. And it's simple. Most likely all it costs is money. 

#63 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:40 AM

Watching the Indians annual success does not build my confidence in the FO. I am also a FA sceptic how often do they really produce

#64 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

Ranking of relievers on FA market (IMO):

Kimbrel

Britton

Ottavino

Familia

Doolittle

Robertson

Miller

Herrerra

Rondon

Allen

I'd like to see them sign two from Familia and below.I think the top three will command too much money.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: taylor rogers, trevor may