Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Gleeman & The Geek, Ep 393: Firing Paul Molitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

Aaron and John talk about the Twins' decision to fire Paul Molitor, the good and bad of his four-year tenure as manager, what the front office might be looking for in his replacement, and names to watch as the interview process begins. You can listen by downloading us from iTunes, Stitcher, iHeartRadio or find it at GleemanAndTheGeek.com. Or just click this link.http://traffic.libsy...3?dest-id=74590

Sponsored by Bombfell and Harry's Razors.

Click here to view the article

#2 killertwinfan

killertwinfan

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:03 AM

I imagine the Pohlad's committed a certain amount of time to Molitor when they hired him and you pointed out that the front office was informed of that before they were hired.If they wanted their own guy, shouldn't they just say that?Everyone talks about having you own guy as a "thing" for front offices, so why not just admit it.I believe the FO earns the scrutiny they are getting for a lack of a tangible explanation as to what they are doing and what is starting to appear as a lack of vision on their part.  

#3 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

I imagine the Pohlad's committed a certain amount of time to Molitor when they hired him and you pointed out that the front office was informed of that before they were hired. If they wanted their own guy, shouldn't they just say that? Everyone talks about having you own guy as a "thing" for front offices, so why not just admit it. I believe the FO earns the scrutiny they are getting for a lack of a tangible explanation as to what they are doing and what is starting to appear as a lack of vision on their part.

Wouldn't changing managers indicate that they do indeed have a vision?
It might turn out to be the wrong vision, but IMO standing pat would be more inclined to show a lack of vision.