Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Week 5 Vikings Eagles

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 26,980 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

Two losses in three tough road trips..... Stupid Buffalo

There's always next year, or the next, or maybe by the time I'm Chief's age, I guess....

#42 Doomtints

Doomtints

Joe's Shades™

• Members
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:34 AM

A much needed and unsurprising win. The Vikes tend to win these regular-season rematches after they get bounced out of the playoffs. I'd rather they win in the playoffs instead, but whatever. :P

They still have some work to do but they are on the right track.

#43 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,489 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

Admittedly I was only partially listening to the game while out enjoying the day. Hopefully Reiff's foot injury isn't serious... Didn't hear the broadcasters say O'Niell's name out there which is the best compliment you can give an OL.

#44 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 15,181 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

They gave the line a lot of help but O'Neill looked good when I paid attention to him.

#45 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 12,584 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:32 PM

I feel a lot better about the defense which means I feel a lot better about the team. They looked pretty stout until they went to cover-2 prevent that last drive.

Wentz was good too, he made plenty of nice throws and escaped some dicey situations; his line was bad but the QB wasn't giving away possessions with poor decisions and sloppy play. So it's not like the D got a break facing a good QB who was having an off day.

I want the Buffalo game back and I want the crack at the go ahead TD against LA back, but all in all 2-2-1 isn't too bad with their schedule thus far. And after this stretch, national expectations are drastically reduced. The NFC North isn't particularly tough either; if they have their act together now I like where the Vikings are at. Let the Rams keep carrying this ridiculous banner that they're far and away the best team in the NFC; I don't want that banner.