Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Offseason Primer: Twins Need to Be Prepared to Pivot from Buxton and Sano

byron buxton miguel sano
  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

I think we need an autocorrect on TD for some of these hard to spell names.

I’m sure there’s plenty of bandwidth available for that...

😁

#102 USAFChief

USAFChief

Anyone got a smoke?

• Twins Mods
  • 22,153 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

I think we need an autocorrect on TD for some of these hard to spell names.

I’m sure there’s plenty of bandwidth available for that...

Brock Bowchamp? What say you?

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#103 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,527 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

Garver and Austidillo's flexibility might mean three catchers. Gardy would be proud.

So would RiverPositionalFlexibilityBrian.
  • USAFChief and TheLeviathan like this

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#104 DrNeau

DrNeau

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

You are just going to eat the $8 mil owed to Castro? How important is the offense the Twins get from Castro? Maybe with renewed health, it will be closer to 2017 levels. Someone has to hit 9th.

We are already eating the $8 million to Castro. Might as well get the best possible production. Astudillo is better. No question. 

#105 ewen21

ewen21

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

Ever had a migraine or a broken toe? I’m not trying to say Buxton gets a pass for his performance as he definitely has things to work on, but migraines are debilitating. It’s not just a headache. And he didn’t miss an entire season due to a broken toe. He was rushed back up too soon after that and the toe wasn’t healed. So he was sent back down. Where he had wrist issues. He was also not really performing at the plate until the very end so there was no rush to bring him back up.

That said, I do hope he works hard during the off season. His defense does not make up for his bat as it was.

THat is part of the issue with Buxton.The migraines will be there and so will an array of other injuries since he plays with a reckless abandon.Part of his development involves him figuring out a way to stay healthy.

Quite honestly, he was not hitting the first few weeks.YOu can cite a "small sample size" but I was very concerned about how he'd start off--especially after I read this article:

https://www.twinciti...y-through-pain/

I don't give him a pass this last season.He needs to prove himself to me.

Two months at the end of 2017 is really all he has.Apart from that he has been a terrible hitter--so bad it was too hard to justify putting him in the lineup.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: byron buxton, miguel sano