Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Daily 2018 Awards: Rookie of the Year

max kepler fernando romero jake cave mitch garver trevor hildenberger
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,591 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

If every rookie they had did that, this team would be the A's.......

Losing to the Yankees in the wild-card game? I see the similarity.

• Mike Sixel and snepp like this

I'm in big trouble at home. I used one of the couch pillows AS A PILLOW.

#22 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,000 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

Losing to the Yankees in the wild-card game? I see the similarity.

Still better than this team the last four years, record wise........but sure, I"m not arguing to stop there, but it would be nice to at least be that good.....

• ashburyjohn likes this

There's always next year, or the next, or maybe by the time I'm Chief's age, I guess....

#23 twinstalker

twinstalker

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

I fully expect Romero to be a wipe-out reliever, a rh Andrew Miller, and he will eventually prove to be most valuable of the three, but Garver is pretty decent at the tourghest position, and that is really valuable. Cave is most likely a fourth outfielder. The rankings are fine, but in terms of what they showed in 2018 and how that portends the Twins future, which is what we should really care about, that would be my order.

I can't wait for them to just plop Romero in that role.What I think is likely, though, is that they let him go through the starter motions in the spring, send him down for a couple of months until they're safe, then bring him back as a reliever who does not attain a total of one year service time by end of next year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: max kepler, fernando romero, jake cave, mitch garver, trevor hildenberger