So, I was looking over his career numbers and saw some things that surprised me:
• Made his MLB debut at 20, just 4 years after signing out of the DR
• Spent his 17-18 year old seasons in rookie ball and E-town, age 19 in the Midwest League.
• 20 he went High A, AA, Majors, albeit for a cup o Joe.
• Similarly, his age 21 season was AA, AAA, cup of coffee in the ML
• Age 22 was 1/3 ML, 2/3 AAA.
• By 23 he was a regular.
This seems like an agressive promotion schedule. Surprising given the old Twins management's reputation for slow promotion.
Was he ever a highly ranked prospect? I don't recall.
Different regimes, but Lewis is ahead of him:)