Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: TEX 18, MIN 4: Speechless

gabriel moya zack littell jake cave chris gimenez matt belisle
  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

So this was the exciting game where we had an OPENER - wow, here Littell you are only down 2 - 0.What a joke!Some analytics.The same analytics that have Gimenez on 1B and Belisle coming in.Do not blame the ump for anything, he probably wanted to have a suit of armor back there.

Field was our one big bat call up and now has an amazing 196 average. Excellent metrics.

:Gimenez managed to reduce our already too low rating at 1B to the bottom basement.

Adrianza played 3B so Sano would not drop his BA below 200.Kepler kept his average at 226, but we still think he is good !?Tyler Duffey proved that his previous failures were not a fluke and Moya can give up his dreams of being a starter (or an opener).Reed keeps his opposition scoring streak alive.  

Man so many highlights I cannot go on.

• peterb18, David HK and BJames like this

#22 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,416 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

That's what the New Skool managerzz are doing. Saving an arm during s*** storm baseball games.

It’s not like we don’t have 15-16 pitchers at this point.

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#23 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,689 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:22 PM

It’s not like we don’t have 15-16 pitchers at this point.

Regardless, the game was 13-2 when he was brought in. They don't need a real pitcher out there when a game is that lopsided.
  • gil4, jokin and SwainZag like this

#24 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is back!

• Members
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

Regardless, the game was 13-2 when he was brought in. They don't need a real pitcher out there when a game is that lopsided.

I agree, it would be pretty foolish to wait until it's 13-2 to bring the real pitchers out.

• ashburyjohn, USAFChief, scottz and 5 others like this

#25 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is back!

• Members
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

Turned it off at 8 - 0. Apparently that was a good decision. 

The WPA on my wife's decision was a bit higher - after going to last night's game and staying the night*, she said "It's going to be too hot and muggy today." Let's just go out to lunch, do some shopping, and head back home." (The kids voted with her, 4-0.)

She was enjoying the disaster on the radio a bit too much on the trip home.

* - Edit: in the Arlington area, not hiding out in the stadium overnight. Everyone knew that, but someone would get intentionally confused and mess with me. I know I would if someone else wrote that

• David HK likes this

#26 Jham

Jham

• Members
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:56 PM

I'm done with Duffey. Let's see if Jake Reed, Nick Anderson, and John Curtiss have anything to bring to the table instead. We've got room to bring them up.

The problem is that I think you already know how that would go as well.
  • Danchat, Vanimal46 and BJames like this

#27 Platoon

Platoon

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,854 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:17 PM

Even by Molitors "standards" this was a weird game. First of all, what happened to Molitors legendary respect for the game? Giminez at first? Then pitching? Not sticking up for his pitchers? The lineup seemed to be purposely inept, even by Twins standards. It was a considerable coincidence that a veteran like Belisle hit Beltre, and I don't believe in coincidences. Between the quick thumb for Belisle and for Reed Molitor should have made enough of a stink to get tossed also. Something just doesn't seem right. For being so legendarily competitive, Molitor has become basically a zombie in the dugout. Does he know he is done after the year, or are these bizarre lineups and bland behavior his way of making a statement to the FO? Or both?
  • USAFChief, birdwatcher, Jerr and 5 others like this
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#28 ChrisKnutson

ChrisKnutson

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

Since he’s here, we might as well pull “a St. Louis” and just anoint Gimenez as player/manager, cause we all know Molitor, let alone Mauer, aren’t capable of leading the Twins.

#29 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

How fun would it have been to watch that game with Jim Pohlad?

I imagine much like watching with my father, who is often dozing in his rocking chair by the commercial break between the open and the top of the first.

Every 2-3 innings he'll wake up and look at the score and say, "This horse **** again!" and immediately go back to sleep.

• David HK likes this

#30 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

That's what the New Skool managerzz are doing. Saving an arm during s*** storm baseball games.

Despite having 13 man pitching staffs for the first five months and 37 in September they still need to go to their back up catcher every other month,

• mikelink45, Platoon and David HK like this

#31 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

My favorite part of the game was where Texas tagged up on a fly ball to the warning track in the eighth inning and Dick grumbles, "You can bet that the Twins dugout took note of that."

• USAFChief, Jerr, gil4 and 3 others like this

#32 peterb18

peterb18

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

I quit watching when it was in the 5th inning. We’ve had losing seasons for at least 6 out of the last 8, or 9 years. So we had high draft choices for so many of those years. Where are all of these players? This front office is so disappointing. Where do they get all of these players that have been called up? Ultimately, the responsibility for these debacles lies with management. Absentee ownership is what we have. You must have interest in your product. It’s at the embarrassment level now! On a side note: Why would somebody buy a tickets to watch this mess?
  • adjacent and David HK like this

#33 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

My favorite part of the game was where Texas tagged up on a fly ball to the warning track in the eighth inning and Dick grumbles, "You can bet that the Twins dugout took note of that."

why wouldn't their runner tag up?

• gil4, jokin, Danchat and 4 others like this

#34 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:04 PM

why wouldn't their runner tag up?

It's not respecting the game to continue trying when you're up a million.

#35 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

I quit watching when it was in the 5th inning. We’ve had losing seasons for at least 6 out of the last 8, or 9 years. So we had high draft choices for so many of those years. Where are all of these players? This front office is so disappointing. Where do they get all of these players that have been called up? Ultimately, the responsibility for these debacles lies with management. Absentee ownership is what we have. You must have interest in your product. It’s at the embarrassment level now! On a side note: Why would somebody buy a tickets to watch this mess?

It's about time for Terry to ride in on his white horse again to whittle payroll.

• David HK likes this

#36 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:11 PM

I hope so, I am not sure that they know what to do in that situation.  

• USAFChief, notoriousgod71, jud6312 and 1 other like this

#37 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:14 PM

This game is so bad that the announcers think the other team should quit?Sorry, the Twins quit a long time ago - the other teams are better than that.

• jokin, LA VIkes Fan, jimmer and 2 others like this

#38 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

It's not respecting the game to continue trying when you're up a million.

please

• notoriousgod71, David HK and 108Stitches like this

#39 108Stitches

108Stitches

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:17 PM

It’s officially football season.

Only college. To hell with the NFL

• notoriousgod71 and David HK like this

#40 Franz

Franz

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:17 PM

Wow. Almost makes me wish I had watched the broadcast. Almost. All the Twins needed today was for Gimenez to throw toss lob one at somebody's head.

• David HK likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gabriel moya, zack littell, jake cave, chris gimenez, matt belisle