Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Reusse's suggestion for the 2019 Twins Marketing Slogan

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,964 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

I'm bit surprised I haven't seen any posts on why they have the minimum 7 minor league affiliates while teams like the Yankees have 9.  

The number of farm clubs has little to do with the number of genuine prospects. The ones who look good just get spread around differently.

A painter should not paint what he sees, but what will be seen.-- Paul Valery

#122 mngopherguy

mngopherguy

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

The number of farm clubs has little to do with the number of genuine prospects. The ones who look good just get spread around differently.

We were talking about resources and support ownership gives.It's just another example big or small.

#123 Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:33 AM

This is so far from the truth it's almost hilarious.They are nothing close to the same from experience, track records, or how the programs are run.  

What they do have in common is sounding like circus carnies, constantly yapping,and until PJ 'rows the boat' to some Big Ten victories he'll be lumped in with Brewster.Lets see if the wonderful experience and track record of PJ translates to Big Ten victories.Until then he sounds like Brewster reincarnated.

#124 Channing1964

Channing1964

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:06 PM

Is there a true Twins fan thats satisfied with the FO at ill in the entire time its been in charge. i could make a point they won in spite of them in 2017. They absolutely made sure that didnt happen in 2018. Why does anyone think they are so great anyway? All they are is Cleveland and Texas yes men that never were getting the head jobs. it is what is. Rookies. Antony could have done way better than this.

#125 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:39 AM

I will never make a posting about how great the owners are. My memory of contraction will always overwhelm any positive feelings. based on how poorly we seem to move our players through the minors and get them into the majors ready to produce I'm not sure they can handle any more minor league teams.
  • Doomtints and mngopherguy like this

#126 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

More resources = better development. This holds true for any organization, not just in baseball.

• mngopherguy likes this

#127 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:30 AM

I get the whole injuries excuse, but can we be real?
Erv is 35 years old. How much should we have reasonably expected?

Now let's get real. Buxton, Sano and Castro were all terrible when they played. What if all three did not get injured and played every day. Castro would probably be hitting around .200, and Buxton? Maybe he just isn't a major league bat. He got hot at the end of last year, but then lot's of players have had spurts. Not sure that run at the end of last year says more to me than the beginning of the last few seasons. Maybe he is going to be one of those injury plagued guys who just never puts it together? It happens and as a Twins fan it is very concerning to watch his regression. And Sano came into camp fat. There were red flags everywhere with him before the season started. He needed to do conditioning DURING the season because he didn't when he was supposed to. THat isn't bad luck

The problem I have with Buxton and Sano is they don't seem to learn. THe Twins have done a poor job developing players for a long time. We might not like it and Reusse might be a curmudgeon, but this article is entirely fair. Sick of the excuses. Injuries were not so much the cause of this terrible season as much as it was young players like Kepler, Sano and Buxton regressing and vets like Dozier and MOrrison doing nothing

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn’t belong.

Kepler has “regressed” from a 95 OPS+ last year to 101 in 2018 and a 2.0 bWAR to 2.7 with a couple weeks to go.