Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Daily Minor League Starting Pitcher of the Year

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...her-of-the-Year

#2 skraft33

skraft33

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

The fact that a guy with a 4.8 K/9 was one of the Twins best minor league pitchers this year is maybe the most depressing Twins thing all season.

#3 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 4,154 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I wish all of them well and hope they continue to improve. But its also pretty obvious that the Twins need some additional pitching prospects. I hope that Terry Ryan has his trading hat on this offseason.

#4 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hermsen is the easy choice here. Great season for him and happy he emerged.

#5 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Congratulations to them in good seasons, but three are college pitchers in low A, and the best cannot strike anyone out. It boggles the mind that people keep saying the twins should not deal span, Willingham, and morneau. This system is bereft of arms in AA or AAA that will help on the next year or two.

#6 DPJ

DPJ

Banned

• Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

The fact that the last 2 winners of this illustrious award have been Liam Hendriks and BJ Hermsen, makes me hate this organization even more.

#7 Jeff P

Jeff P

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Obviously hope that one or two of these guys continue to improve and make it to the majors, but that list is brutal in terms of high (or even solid) upside guys. Think about the question posed at the end: will the Twins add him to the 40 man roster or subject him to the Rule 5 draft? He is the pitcher of the year but there is still a question of whether he should be added to the 40 man.

I completely agree that the Twins need to be willing to trade for arms.

#8 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Since its "Twins Daily" shouldn't we have a vote on that? A more accurate tittle would be "Seth Stohs's minor league ......" Not that I'm too upset, just feel like I got punched in the stomach. Its okay Seth, we are just your peons to comment on your articles and make funny faces like this :th_alc:. I'm not sure who I am anymore.

#9 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,857 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Would be a little ironic if Hermsen embraced the Pitch To Contact as strongly as anyone in the system, and then they left him off the 40-man. :)

#10 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

terry ryan couldnt trade a handful of pardons in a womens prision for a balony sandwich....time for this life time loser to go and take mike radke with him