Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/22): Blank Blanks Reds

jacob blank trevor larnach akil baddoo clark beeker taylor grzelakowski
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,823 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:49 PM

Fun with numbers...

Rooker in about 520 PA for Chattanooga: 828 OPS

Jaylin Davis in about 220 PA:831 OPS

(Davis is a year older.And I'm not saying that Davis is going to be better.But, still.)

Also, Rortvedt now OPS'ing 720 with an OBP of 347.At a place/league were offensive numbers are typically a bit depressed.In his 20-year-old season.As a player that most (not all) analysts have considered a glove-first catcher up to this point.I would have to think that this is viewed as a very encouraging year for Rortvedt within the organization.

• Mike Sixel, RaymondLuxuryYacht and rdehring like this

#22 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,215 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:20 PM

Maybe people saw this on Twitter, but Andrew Vasquez was promoted to Rochester today. Casey Crosby off the DL for Chattanooga. 

• ashbury, Mike Sixel and 70charger like this

#23 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,743 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

I think I’d have gone with Larnach and Enlow for the POD’s.

Seth, have you ever gone through and done a player of the day leaderboard?

#24 caninatl04

caninatl04

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 737 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

Over his last ten games, Vargas is hitting.432 with 5 jacks and 16 RBIs. Small sample size, but whatever he’s doing, let’s get Sano doing the same. Is Vargas on the 40 man and will se see him September 4th?

#25 caninatl04

caninatl04

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 737 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:34 AM

My predictions would be no and no. He's not the guy the Twins drafted. Injuries have taken away a ton of his stuff. He's left-handed, so I guess I'd never say never.

WWBD. or,what would Baltimore, the currently worst team in MLB do? They’d have first choice at the waiver wire. Would Jay be an improvement? Probably.

#26 caninatl04

caninatl04

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 737 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

Going to be interesting come November to see if the Twins put Jay on the 40-man roster.Certainly doubtful based on his performance.Would he be lost if they don't

With time running out, the Kernels have a 4.0 game lead to make the playoffs.This is an exciting roster and should be fun to follow their playoff run.Was Enlow's 8 K's the most of his career?

Excuse my naïveté but are Kernles games available online?

#27 caninatl04

caninatl04

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 737 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

I may not fit in here but I consider it pretty happy for Beeker

And his best friend, Bunson Honeydew.

#28 spycake

spycake

• 17,693 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:43 AM

WWBD. or,what would Baltimore, the currently worst team in MLB do? They’d have first choice at the waiver wire. Would Jay be an improvement? Probably.

Jay wouldn't be on waivers -- he would just be available in the Rule 5 draft. But the order would be the same anyway, and Baltimore has been pretty aggressive with Rule 5, and that was before their 2018 collapse and trades.

Edited by spycake, 25 August 2018 - 08:45 AM.

• ashbury likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jacob blank, trevor larnach, akil baddoo, clark beeker, taylor grzelakowski