Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/13): Colina, Jax Provide Quality Starts

jon kemmer edwar colina griffin jax nick anderson yunior severino
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 MN_ExPat

MN_ExPat

I had fun once... It was awful.

• 470 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia (the state, not the country)

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

For Granite it would have been great just to get him some more live pitching before he closes up shop for the year. I think as far as the parent clubs are concerned, the purpose of the AFL is mainly to extend the season for certain guys.

So some players you'd think would make sense probably won't go because they've played a ton (Lewis, Kirilloff, Rooker) or they don't need to increase their innings any farther (Graterol, Jax?). Then some other less obvious guys will go simply because these teams still have to be functional (maybe a middle infielder like Alex Perez or a catcher who can play multiple positions like Mitchell Kranson).

Well said, although I think Kirilloff might still be a candidate due to him missing last year. Then again, I'm often known to be wrong and I sometimes have been known to eat crayons :).

#22 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

It'll presumably be in tonight's' Twins minor league report, even though it won't be official until the team announces it tomorrow... but.. Lewis Thorpe fans.... 

• Oldgoat_MN and MN_ExPat like this

#23 FormerMinnasotan

FormerMinnasotan

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 684 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:48 PM

It'll presumably be in tonight's' Twins minor league report, even though it won't be official until the team announces it tomorrow... but.. Lewis Thorpe fans....

Yea! Happy to see him move up! As long as health isn’t an issue he should make his Twins debut sometime next year!

#24 Pitz

Pitz

• 444 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

Nice. Also saw a Nate Rowan tweet that Buxton is returning from the DL for Rochester.

@njrowan

(Sorry I don't know how to post the tweet.)

Edited by Pitz, 14 August 2018 - 01:58 PM.

#25 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:39 PM

For Granite it would have been great just to get him some more live pitching before he closes up shop for the year. I think as far as the parent clubs are concerned, the purpose of the AFL is mainly to extend the season for certain guys.

So some players you'd think would make sense probably won't go because they've played a ton (Lewis, Kirilloff, Rooker) or they don't need to increase their innings any farther (Graterol, Jax?). Then some other less obvious guys will go simply because these teams still have to be functional (maybe a middle infielder like Alex Perez or a catcher who can play multiple positions like Mitchell Kranson).

Correct... we also have to remember that they do have to fill a team and need certain positions and need depth and yet have just 6-7 per team. So guys like Perez and Kranson (especially a catcher who can play other positions) make a ton of sense. 

#26 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:40 PM

Nice. Also saw a Nate Rowan tweet that Buxton is returning from the DL for Rochester.

@njrowan

(Sorry I don't know how to post the tweet.)

Just post the link... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jon kemmer, edwar colina, griffin jax, nick anderson, yunior severino