- In (Baffling) Defense of Norv Turner: A Response to Football Outsiders' Near-Slight
- In Search Of: Interceptions
- Time To Cut Jerome Simpson
- Chris Kluwe, Minnesota Vikings Reach Settlement and Release Terms. Questions Remain
- Who’s Trending, Worth Defending or Might Be Ending—Week 1
- Vikings Second Year Player Progression
I miss Carlos Gomez
3 replies to this topic
Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:39 PM
I'll probably get ridiculed for this but count me among those who miss Go Gomez and his pure power of entertainment, both good and bad. I know he had to go and I'm not saying they should have kept him. But I am pretty sure that most people on this site watch a lot of Twins games, and I bet most of you sat forward a little bit when he came to the plate. I did. He was fun to watch, at the plate, in the field, in front of the cameras. LOVED his interviews. I know it was a while ago and I know he needed to go. I wish there was some personality as big as his on the team.
Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:11 AM
Chuckk, I can't say that I sat forward a little bit when he came to the plate because I got tired of seeing him flail at outside sliders. However, on those occasions when he did reach first or hit a ball into the gap the man was absoulutely electric. He is an amazing combination of power and incredible speed---I just wish he wouldn't have been such an emotional hot-head. My wife loved him and still wears her 'Gomez' t-shirt around the house. I hope that he can reach his full potential at some time in his career---he would be amazing.