Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Any Interest in a Q&A?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrators
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Hi everybody!

I want to take a crack at something new, but I need your help. I noticed in Seth's "Get to know each other" thread that it seems like a lot of regular readers don't follow Twins Daily on Twitter or Facebook, so I'd like to try something a little more social right here on the site.

Reply to this thread with any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them. I'm thinking I'll post my responses in an article sometime over the weekend. If this goes over well, maybe I'll see if we can make this a regular feature.

Thanks,

Tom

• Carole Keller, USAFChief, glunn and 1 other like this

#2 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:42 PM

I'll start with the obligatory.
How many five year olds could you take in a fight before they overpower you?
Be honest.
  • Twins33, Sconnie and SF Twins Fan like this

#3 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• Members
  • 3,765 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

with no immediate heir apparent at 2nd base, first base, catcher, and the need to bolster the 8th inning setup man and if things went well, I’d imagine front of rotation, how do you think the FO will fill those roles? There’s maybe 50/60 mil in payroll to play with, and all those prospects to dangle. It’s a huge roster turn over, can they get it all done in one offseason/up to all star break?

#4 scottz

scottz

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:11 PM

What's your favorite Target Field food?

#5 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 14,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:51 PM

What should TD be paying you per game recap?  

• USAFChief, Sconnie, Hosken Bombo Disco and 1 other like this

#6 USAFChief

USAFChief

Anyone got a smoke?

• Twins Mods
  • 21,458 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

Why Belisle?

Rosario for real?
  • Sconnie likes this

I am not the paranoid you're looking for.

#7 FormerMinnasotan

FormerMinnasotan

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:51 PM

Will Odorizzi be back next year?

Will Fernando Romero make the starting rotation out of spring training next year?

#8 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 20,937 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:20 PM

Do you really believe that Molitor is the manager who can take us to the WS?

How big of a diffence do you think it will be between what the Twins could/should do and what they will actually do this off-season?

What do you really think went on behind-the-scenes and in the clubhouse regarding the rumors about a toxic clubhouse?
  • Sconnie likes this
“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern
Nevertheless, she persisted. Time’s up.

#9 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrators
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:00 AM

Last call!!!

We've got some good questions in here already, but if anybody else has any questions, please post them in here and I'll answer them in an article sometime over the weekend.

#10 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,895 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

OK, can you dig up any info on whether Aaron Slegers's shoulder discomfort flared up again, resulting in a short start the other day? He's listed as on a rehab assignment, so it might have been part of the plan, but he was taken out after a few batters reached base, and that seemed abrupt. (For all I know, he's scheduled to start tonight and I'll have my answer.)

Modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness.

#11 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 13,794 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:15 AM

OK, can you dig up any info on whether Aaron Slegers's shoulder discomfort flared up again, resulting in a short start the other day? He's listed as on a rehab assignment, so it might have been part of the plan, but he was taken out after a few batters reached base, and that seemed abrupt. (For all I know, he's scheduled to start tonight and I'll have my answer.)

Not to step on Tom's toes, but yes, Slegers had a setback. Sounds like it may not have been in the rehab appearance, but in a bullpen session a few days later (although I suppose it could have spanned both).

"Slegers shut down with shoulder discomfort"

https://www.mlb.com/...ent/c-289579486

• ashburyjohn and Tom Froemming like this

#12 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,895 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:21 AM

Not to step on Tom's toes, but yes, Slegers had a setback. Sounds like it may not have been in the rehab appearance, but in a bullpen session a few days later (although I suppose it could have spanned both).

Thanks. I had scanned pretty hard a day or two after his start, wanting it for my Adopt-A-Prospect page, but didn't repeat the effort today. Good find.

Modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness.