Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: MIN 3, CLE 2: Mitch Garver Makes it Rain

mitch garver adalberto mejia eddie rosario
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,168 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

Hildy's given up 11 earned runs over his past 14 innings pitched.

Demonstrating that he is ready to fill the shoes of Matty B!

• bighat likes this

#22 FormerMinnasotan

FormerMinnasotan

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

Nice start for Mejia. I have to admit with the AAA and AA starting pitching talent waiting in the wings I kinda wrote off Mejia. However if he can have a solid season this year he’ll be a shoo-in as a part of next years rotation IMO.
  • bighat and DannySD like this

#23 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,168 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:00 AM

Forsythe reached all four times. Has some versatility and has shown some power. Any interest in keeping him on a one-year deal?

Forsythe is 2 years removed from showing any power. And his only meaningful recent versatility is playing 3B. He'd have to show a pretty solid return to form for me to consider bringing him back -- a binge of singles and walks alone won't cut it. (.583 BABIP so far with the Twins!)

Keep in mind the market for infielders this offseason -- Forsythe doesn't look that compelling, and our projected payroll room doesn't suggest we need to go dirt-cheap on the position either.

https://www.mlbtrade...ree-agents.html

• slash129 likes this

#24 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,168 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

Nice game by Mejia, this guy is doing a much better job keeping his pitch count down than the guy who pitched last year. Hope his wrist is ok.

One of my big gripes with the front office is how they waited until late June to call up Mejia this year, and then they sent him back down right away after the heat stroke game in Chicago. (Technically worse: they sent Mejia down after Lynn's poor start on the following day.)

Not that Mejia would have been a savior or anything, but he was a solid enough option to help shake things up, either as a starter or perhaps even in long relief.

• Mike Sixel and bighat like this

#25 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,006 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:10 AM

One of my big gripes with the front office is how they waited until late June to call up Mejia this year, and then they sent him back down right away after the heat stroke game in Chicago. (Technically worse: they sent Mejia down after Lynn's poor start on the following day.)

Not that Mejia would have been a savior or anything, but he was a solid enough option to help shake things up, either as a starter or perhaps even in long relief.

Agreed. 

• Aerodeliria likes this

There's always next year, or the next, or maybe by the time I'm Chief's age, I guess....

#26 VATwinsFan

VATwinsFan

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

I’m somewhat surprised no one has mentioned that fact tha Moya has pitched in 7 of the last 10 games so I’m mentioning it.

#27 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,381 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:36 PM

I’m somewhat surprised no one has mentioned that fact tha Moya has pitched in 7 of the last 10 games so I’m mentioning it.

Because MOY is who he is.

Also, Hildenberger has made ten appearances since July 20, a span of 18 days. One of which was an off day. So, that’s 10 appearances in 17 team games.
  • Shaitan likes this

#28 Minny505

Minny505

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

How can a guy who is a professional baseball manager continue to put Morrison's name on a lineup card?

Enough already.

My thought on it is that by giving him opportunities the team is hoping that he can do something good here in the next few weeks to get something for him in an August trade. If this continues into September, he probably sits for the majority of those games. I hope I'm right.

• Mike Sixel and bighat like this

#29 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 6,264 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

My thought on it is that by giving him opportunities the team is hoping that he can do something good here in the next few weeks to get something for him in an August trade. If this continues into September, he probably sits for the majority of those games. I hope I'm right.

No reason to sit, just outright him and be done with it.

• Mike Sixel and TheLeviathan like this

Member VP of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mitch garver, adalberto mejia, eddie rosario