Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: How Soon Could Royce Lewis Call Target Field Home?

royce lewis carlos correa francisco lindor casey mize
  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 jkcarew

jkcarew

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:54 AM

QQ:

What if Buxton doesn't hit again next year.....do you move Lewis to CF?

does that answer change if Gordon turns it on next year, and Buxton isn't hitting?

(channeling my inner Chief)....

Yes.

Good questions.My absolute guess would be that they will leave Lewis at SS...almost no matter what...in the minors.My speculative theory being that the cream of the athletic crop, such as Lewis, can almost immediately transition from SS to CF...but not the other way around.And that when the bat is deemed ready, if SS is not an issue with the major league club, but CF is an issue...that they would not hesitate to make that move.

Said a different way....keep the development focused on SS.Then when the bat is ready,...and or you get desperate because everyone else is hurt or failing...you (theoretically) would have both defensive options open.

All we're asking is that Lewis be like Robin Yount.

#42 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,284 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:44 PM

(channeling my inner Chief)....

Yes.

Good questions. My absolute guess would be that they will leave Lewis at SS...almost no matter what...in the minors. My speculative theory being that the cream of the athletic crop, such as Lewis, can almost immediately transition from SS to CF...but not the other way around. And that when the bat is deemed ready, if SS is not an issue with the major league club, but CF is an issue...that they would not hesitate to make that move.

Said a different way....keep the development focused on SS. Then when the bat is ready,...and or you get desperate because everyone else is hurt or failing...you (theoretically) would have both defensive options open.

All we're asking is that Lewis be like Robin Yount.

Agreed!

I remain hopeful on Buxton and Sano.....but I'd not bet the franchise on them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royce lewis, carlos correa, francisco lindor, casey mize