Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Bring him up tomorrow...Seems ready

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tvagle

tvagle

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

Worth a look for some positivity

https://www.milb.com...cks/c-289166414

• Carole Keller, snepp and RaoulDuke like this

Is it 2020 yet?

#2 tvagle

tvagle

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:40 PM

Can't wait to see this write up in the minor league report

Is it 2020 yet?

#3 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

This has been a good year for most of the big prospects.Lewis is tearing it up super young even showing power earlier than expected.Kirilloff is absolutely mashing the injury didn't set him back at all.Rooker started slow but adjusted and looks like he could be ready next year.Romero was dominate for a little bit in the majors, he showed the stuff to be a top end pitcher.Gonsalvez is knocking on the door with a good AAA season.Graterol is shooting up prospect lists via his stuff, even though he has struggled with his last promotion a bit.Larnach has been great in his first exposure to pro ball.

It sucks the mlb team is bad but at least the farm is well stocked.In a couple years Lewis/ Kirilloff/ Rooker could make a hell of a trio in the lineup and Berrios/ Romero aren't far from being a damn good top of the rotation.

This season is lost and next year is looking likely to be a growing pains year, but if Sano and/or Buxton start to meet their potential and some of the kids arrive there is a ton of potential to be realized. 

#4 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,153 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

It sucks the mlb team is bad but at least the farm is well stocked.

All right, who is bumping old threads to the top of the forum again? :)
  • ashburyjohn and RaoulDuke like this

#5 mudcat14

mudcat14

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:21 PM

I can't help but wonder if a bump to Chattanooga would be due for this guy.I'm not suggesting that he's Mike Trout, but except for the speed and glove his numbers in a season split between A & A+ Ball are superior to Trout's.Granted, Alex is about 1 & half years older than Trout was.Never the less, I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that he's a special talent.

Additionally, Trout was drafted 10 spots later than Kirilloff, so a rapid ascent isn't at all unprecedented.

Edited by mudcat14, 06 August 2018 - 09:23 PM.

"Hey!You F**ked Up.You trusted us." - Otter to Flounder in 'Animal House'

#6 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

One thing I'm grateful for, knocking on wood, is that there hasn't been a rash of injuries this season. Hey, they happen, and will happen. But the milb complex, as a whole,has seen good health this season and we've seen the results. It's nice, really nice, to see your milb teams have winning records. But what's most important is the development of the prospects on hand. And we've seen guys coming back from injury, and top draft choices excelling in their first or second year.

Way too many guys to mention, so I won't, but just pause for a moment to appreciate what Lewis, Kirilhoff and Graterol have done this season. After missing 2 full seasons due to injury and illness, and only a little over 1 full season of pro ball under his belt, look how Thorpe and Rooker have adjusted and pretty much dominated.

The future looks bright guys and gals!
  • RaoulDuke likes this

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#7 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,153 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:27 PM

Lewis is definitely exciting.

Let's see... Correa debuted 3 years after being drafted. Of course, he missed half a year in the minors with injury. Was a few months older than Lewis when drafted. But also spent his draft year entirely in rookie ball, then had a full season at Class A. I wonder if Astros fans were upset about that?

Could Lewis make it to MLB faster than that? The Super 2 arbitration cutoff in 2019 would be about 2 years after his draft. If we don't promote him then, maybe he gets the Kris Bryant treatment and gets called up 2 weeks into the 2020 season. That might have been the Correa path too, if not for his injury.

#8 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

All right, who is bumping old threads to the top of the forum again? :)

I knew this felt familiar.

#9 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

I can't help but wonder if a bump to Chattanooga would be due for this guy.I'm not suggesting that he's Mike Trout, but except for the speed and glove his numbers in a season split between A & A+ Ball are superior to Trout's.Granted, Alex is about 1 & half years older than Trout was.Never the less, I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that he's a special talent.

Additionally, Trout was drafted 10 spots later than Kirilloff, so a rapid ascent isn't at all unprecedented.

I think he is special. I don't think he's the only one. But there is a difference from being a stud/star/Maybe even future HOF talent and being a generational talent. Griffey was one of those. So is Trout. Harper may be the same. But we need to stop comparing every top prospect to those guys. In reality, a stud 22yo is still a stud, even if he didn't tantalize the world at 20. And while we have a pretty loaded system right now, there are 3 pretty special looking kids on their way up. All 3 should play at AA next season, and could play in 2020 at some point.

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown