Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Strasburg done

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

http://sports.yahoo....xplanation.html

So incredibly stupid. I hope Washington never makes it back to the postseason.

#2 glanzer

glanzer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

I agree. If they only wanted him to pitch for 4 months they shouldn't have started his season until Memorial Day.

#3 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

actually I hope they win it all so in the future Strasbug has no ties to the championship team as he wont be on the playoff roster.
Wash has 2 ace type pitchers left & a solid 4some left to get thru the playoffs.
If they do win it, dont get back in the next 4 yrs....its guarranteed Strasberg leaves as a FA & that will show Rizzo how important the future is to a team.

#4 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

This could get messy in a hurry. Boras is being very veiled in his comments http://espn.go.com/m...asburg-shutdown

...but it sounds like he's not exactly a fan of how this has been handled, and that could be big if you look at the list of current and future National players that Boras represents.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#5 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Low Life with Upside

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

If Boras makes this into a scandal - it is a piss poor play. Davey Johnson has been in the game around 50 years. He has seen Strasburg's performance the last few starts and the media attention on his shut down has screwed with him mentally - his last 2 starts have not been very good and Johnson is pulling the plug. The Nationals have had a plan and they are following through with it. Good for them! The Nationals still have a good staff and should win the NL East. Anything else is icing on the cake, because nothing can be assumed in the playoffs.

#6 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

If Boras makes this into a scandal - it is a piss poor play. Davey Johnson has been in the game around 50 years. He has seen Strasburg's performance the last few starts and the media attention on his shut down has screwed with him mentally - his last 2 starts have not been very good and Johnson is pulling the plug. The Nationals have had a plan and they are following through with it. Good for them! The Nationals still have a good staff and should win the NL East. Anything else is icing on the cake, because nothing can be assumed in the playoffs.

Nah, I don't think he'll go scandal, but this sounds a lot like "enjoy him until he's a FA, because we're not staying here"
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#7 Pius Jefferson

Pius Jefferson

The Southern Dandy

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

I agree. If they only wanted him to pitch for 4 months they shouldn't have started his season until Memorial Day.

So what about the first seven weeks of the season?

#8 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

I'm trying to figure out why boras woudl be against this... Strasburg might, but this is in Strasburg's best interest, which makes it more likely that he gets a nice payday when he hits FA.